Author Topic: bamboo arrows- which end is best to trim to stiffen spine?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline ozy clint

bamboo arrows- which end is best to trim to stiffen spine?
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:25 am »
which end is best to trim in order to stiffen them?

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: bamboo arrows- which end is best to trim to stiffen spine?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:37 am »
I don't think it really matters which end you cut from, you will get a stiffer arrow.  But what I have found that works best for me, and have seen it on some of the better made bamboo arrows, is to keep the nock diameter of the cane the same as close as possible to one another.  I had some that I had to use small glue on nocks on (tonkin), then some that had a small self nock cut in, and some larger ones with self nocks.  And you will not, I repeat you will not, get them all to fly and group the same, trust me on this one.....

gutpile

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 11:31:57 am »
that didn't come out right ..either way when you cut it it will increase spine but if you cut you smaller nock end it should be more effective..lol..

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »
I always cut off the point end and leave my nock end alone. Mostly becasue I cut knocks in before I do anything else. So they are set.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.