Author Topic: My Primitive Way of Cleaning and Cooking fish  (Read 8495 times)

Offline primitivepaulette

Re: My Primitive Way of Cleaning and Cooking fish
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
This is a great thread.. I've gotta try this! Kudos to Primative Tim and the rest of you who know how to do the 'real deal'! Fascinating. I just cleaned some fish that were given to me and the perch were nice size.. but I ended up wasting a LOT of the meat.. such a shame. not sure if these photo will post or not.. but if I could do it all over.. I'd for sure try this method of cleaning and cooking fish! Next time for sure.. maybe I can do this on the grill? Wonder if I can toss a fish into the panini griddler?? I must try it! well thanks for the ideas Tim!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482405_10152663361960501_766087575_n.jpg

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 12:14:01 am »
Cool video Tim, enjoyed watching it. 8)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 12:54:17 am »
Thanks guys for the encouragement.

Paulette, here's your picture.  The cat and dog add a lot to the picture :D

I've cooked them on the grill this way before....14 at once.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:33 am »
Why is my mouth all of a sudden watering?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:16 am »
Sleek, it happens when you get blood on your hands or see someone else get blood on their hands. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:33 am »
have laotian neighbors to the north of me. this is how they clean/cook crappie, perch etc.
toss em on the grill, peel and eat all the meat off one side, flip em over and work on that side.

its always fun to watch when they get a deer or half a beef.
toss it on the picnic table and away they go. in no time its all in small cuts, wrapped and in the freezer.
well, except what goes on the grill right now.

they always laugh when i ask for the legs, hide and head...

love it when they cook out-yum!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline primitivepaulette

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »
oh yeah, that pic of the fish on the grill is making me hungry too! nice!

Sadie.. yes, that has to be interesting watching the Loatian's working on the deer or beef butchering like that.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

Oh what a horrible person you are! :o  Why those poor fish, were
the rare adult, "Black Finned" Coffin Minnow!  They would have been spawning now, if not for you and your callous disregard for the lives of those poor fish!  >:( I will have to report you to PETA, and we will have to have service honoring those poor lost souls!  :( Yes a wake for fish! >:(  :'( We will bring tambourines, small drums, whistles, and we will join hands, in a circle, and wail,thrash around on the ground, and grab handfulls of grass, and dirt, but with no life forms, in it, and scream and wail, why, oh why?!, >:( and then we will have a feast in their honor.  Maybe some hamburger, or hotdogs, or steak, or chicken, but only from the Super Market, and not from a farm, where they kill animals!  :o :P  Then we can all have a little wine, and toast the poor lost souls, and sit by the water's edge, and watch how the little "Black Finned" Minnows, mourn for their parents, :'( and then when it gets dark, we will have the naked dancing in the woods,commune with nature, and sing how we are morally superior to you!  You prehistoric brute! >:(   :'(

Good job, quick and easy. ;)  As for wood rats, and birds, I would handle the rats as little as possible, because of the possibility of the Hanta virus, and avoid breathing the smoke, as the burning of hair, feathers, and flesh, produces phosgene gas, :P which is a baddy, for the health and well being of us humans. ;)
I actually read a statement from one of peta's rocket scientists, where she said, " we were at Walden Pond, and we observed a wounded minnow, as it's fellow minnows, gathered around it to give it support." ???  Uh, if you had stayed a little longer, you would have seen what was really going on!  They were not gathered around to give it support, but to see, if it was still able to defend itself, and then they devoured it!  ;) Idiots! >:(  They are out there, and they vote. :P

Wayne

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:42 pm »
PETA...SMH. The extensive use of smileys really made it emotional.  Wait, do they really dance naked in the woods??? hmm...
PETA folks really are quite the entertaining bunch. lol

Yeah, I try not to breathe smoke regardless of what's burning... I think I heard it's unhealthy.

One thing I want to accomplish with these videos is to give people a better understanding of nature.  The nature of nature(Darn! that's already a book title).  We're at a very interesting point in history where the diversity of beliefs is very high.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:53 am »

Oh, yeah, peta is very entertaining .  I like to hear some of the outlandish, "science" based facts they try to come up with.  I think they actually believe that Bambi was a documentary! :o ::)  I am surprised Sadie is able to get the head, and legs, and hide from the Laotians!  :P 

Wayne

Offline sleek

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 01:01:51 am »
Bambi is not a movie I allow to be played in my house... Wife asked me why, I said sit and watch it from a hunters point of view. She looked at me and said, Oh...  and comeon, a guy skunk named flower? WTF? Ok, this topic is de-railed...

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 12:30:15 pm »
Threadjackers ;)

Does PETA bashing come under politics, or religion?
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »
Whenever PETA comes up you know the thread is done for. 

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »
I thought it was an event?

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »
I really shouldn't talk...

I troll PETA people harder than anyone.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great