Author Topic: If you were a Bow and you could Speak, What would you say.!  (Read 5884 times)

Offline bow101

If you were a Bow and you could Speak, What would you say.!
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »
....say something funny, on the lighter side of woodworking, bowyering what have you, speak bow speak..!! ;D

FROM TREE TO STAVE

It was a cool crisp autumn day. The sun was hitting my good side. Previous seasons ravaged the other side with strong south easterly winds, at times so strong I was almost ready to give up and fall. But after 80 years and as my fore fathers and brothers still standing in all directions around me, I figured I would be around for another 80 or so years. An axe yielding man was gazing at my trunk. The chain saw started up as the man was sizing me up.
I felt the sharp teeth dig into my outer flesh, chips and sawdust were now scattering beneath me. As I fell I waved goodbye to all othes standing proud as my branches swung in all directions. I was then been cut up into shorter pieces. They were dragging me to my destiny to become one of their wood piles. Months later I was loaded on a truck, taken away split into four and left standing in a warm shop.
They called me Yew....!

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: If you were a Bow and you could Speak, What would you say.!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:19 pm »
Pull my string!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kinslayer1965

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »
Someone tell that kinslayer1965 guy to pick another hobby! ;D ;D
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »
Reincarnation:

I was brought to IN as a seedling, from the homeland of Oklahoma, I was planted in a hedgerow as a living fence. I stood many seasons and since I was a female I bore the "brainfruit" that many wildlife fed upon, cattle also ate my fruit and sometimes died from choking on them.  My seedlings sprouted all around the pasture as cattle grazed the other non-thorny trees leaving the mighty osage as a dominant competitor on grazed woodlots.

I was a mighty shade tree, branches spread and twisted and flowed like a river.  One fall day a heavy wind toppled me to the ground, my heavy branches loaded with fruit and leaves, the weight above ground more than my roots...  The farmer cut me in 7 foot sections, and drove me into the ground to stand tall with barbed wire connecting my many parts over the entire pasture.

The farm changed hands, the cattle removed and wire fencing rusted away.  A man called blackhawk, removed some of the old twisted posts that were once my strong arms.  He then scraped away the gray weathered skin and revealed the true beauty of my inner self.  I am now loved and exercised by humans, no more cold winter nights.  It's a bow's life!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »
Come on pull me a little more, I know you just put the short string on and we are begging to be pulled! Come on you can pull that string just a little more.....one more.....just a little further ..... Don't pay that tillering tree no minde..... Yes, that's it......KAPOWWW!!!!!
Now lets see you make a two peace bow!

Offline Shiloh

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 10:56:42 pm »
"I could've been an awesome waterbed frame, maybe even part of a house! But noooo, this guy had to come along and start chopping me up with a bunch of hand tools like some neanderthal."
Warning: I am one of the men the Pharisees warned you about.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:15:54 pm »
 Standing in the prime of life, year after year, watching all the others, succumb to the winds. Then one day even losing a close sibling to a bolt of lightning. Wondering when would be my turn. Would it be similar to others all around, falling and getting eaten with rot and decay? Or could there possibly be a chance for purpose?
  Then it happened! The two legged master of the forest came and looked on our side of the mountain. Looking at each of us, as if we were an army of soldiers ready for war. after much study he had mad the choice. Two of us made the roster that day. He took us under his arm and stripped away or rough spots, finding the very best strengths, in each of us. Then with carefull loving care, he rolled back the layers exposing the very core of our purpose and destiny! Finally set free from the confines of the shell, and reborn to new life as a bow. Tested and honed, ready for the that perfect shot!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:57 am »
Keenan, I've had bows tell me that same story.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:40 am »
Haha, yeah right. It's last words would be "ahhh, please stop cutting me with that saw, I'm gonna die!"... and then it grows right with a fury the next year with all the shoots from the stump,  :).... just to see me coming a couple years later, with my saw in hand,...  :) Poor things.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline doulosparachristos

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:08:03 am »
have you been drinking again!?
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline sleek

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 05:09:59 am »
You darn woodchuckes! Quit chuckin my wood!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 05:52:25 am »
STOP STRINGING ME ALONG AND JUST SHOOT ME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:28 am »
let's hunt
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Roy

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01:15 am »
Ya ever try to put wheels on me and I'll kill ya:)

blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 09:25:20 am »
"Chris"....yells the king(osage) in a loud voice

"Yes master".....says I very submissively quiet

"Why have you betrayed and forsaken me using other woods"....says the king

"I..I...I...I......".....stutters I.

"I have been nothing but good to you and have done everything you have asked of me"...says the king

"Yes you have..it is true..you have been better to me than anyone else"....says I looking down in guilt

"Kneel before me and ask for forgiveness"...says the king

" I'm sorry master...I'm so sorry my king....ill never stray from you again".....lies I.