Author Topic: Hello from South East Florida  (Read 2971 times)

Offline kinslayer1965

Hello from South East Florida
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:25 am »
Just wanted to say hello from Port Saint Lucie Florida. I have been away for a few years and now hope to get caught up with a lot of reading and ask a few questions maybe. Thanks again for hosting such a great forum.

Clifford
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hello from South East Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:19:07 pm »
Clifford, I went to college in Jensen Beach at what is now part of FIT I think. When I was there I could walk for miles down the beach and not see another person or a building. Jensen Beach was just a little fishing village with no buildings higher than 2 or 3 stories. I could walk from campus to a little fish camp, picking up beer bottles(.05 deposit on each) and get enough to buy a six pack of Falstaff(it was .99 a 6 pk). I guess I'm aging myself. That was 1969-1971.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kinslayer1965

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 02:49:51 pm »
Pat,

Amazingly enough the old town part of Jensen Beach has remained pretty small and laid back. The beach is grown up to be sure and the area out by US1 is grown alot with the mall and all but the it still has that small town feel. Love the area. I was born in Stuart just to the south of Jensen and now live just north of it. There is still a 4 story max on structures in Martin County but St. Lucie county just to the north has no such regs.

The FIT campus has been turned into an assisted living facility and the dock is still there and part of the Indian Riverside Park. I have caught some nice snook, snapper and sheepshead around and under that dock.

I remember as a kid going to the beach with my parents and there was nothing but miles of undisturbed beach. Miss those days.

Thanks again for the forum!

Clifford
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »
Right on!  Another Floridian! 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »
Kinslayer, welcome!  I used to live in PSL.  My nieces still do.  Its changed a bunch from when I lived there.  St Lucie West was just being built.  I was an electrician and wired many homes in PSL.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:01:10 am »
Welcome, it's good to see more Floridians. Wayne, stickbender on this site also lives in Port St. Lucie.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?