Author Topic: Congrats to Bryce (Pinecone) and Simson for winning January Backed BOM!!!  (Read 8472 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to  Bryce (Pinecone) for winning January Backed BOM!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,36572.0.html

Here is what Bryce had to say about his bow:

while back I posted miss osage recurve well her belly split also made a nice bow
Christmas present for a friend of mine down the road 63"NTN, 1.5" wide to .5 tips, 50#@28, Backed with chokecherry bark for decoration, Sorry no fancy pictures this time.  Bryce (Pinecone)

Here is what forum members had to say about Bryce's bow:
Ooooh, I dig that!  I really like the cherry bark backing.  Been wanting to try that for a while.  Gabe
Very nice bow, Pinecone. I love the look of cherry bark. I've done a few myself. On the last 2 I did I left the moss and lichens on. Made for nice camo.  Pat B
The backing on that is beautiful and the handle matches really well. Beautiful pair. Thanks for sharing!  ryoon4690
Looks pretty sweet somebody will  be happy on Christmas morning.  Rob

AND

Congratulations to Simson for winning January Backed BOM!!!
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,37246.0.html
simson’s osage lightning 62#/24"

simson from Bavaria had this to say about his bow:  much snow and ice outside here - not the best background for a west coast style, so I decided to take the pics inside with help from my son Andy (Thanks!).

Here is the bow:
elm 53#/26"
ntn 49"
bending handle, buckskin wrapping
painted with natural pigments
two layers sinew, wrapped at handle and below tips (red )
w/d:
handle: 32/18 mm
fade (3"): 48/14 mm
midlimb: 50/11 mm
below string kerf: 18/8 mm

enjoy

simson
Here are what some forum members had to say about simson’s bow:
What a sweet little bow! Very authentic looking  Nice job all around  WillH
Well done amigo looks like third times  a charm.  Skyarrow
Very nice simson, love the way you dressed this bow up (decorations).
Greg
Beautiful shorty,love the finish work and tiller looks great to boot.  Had a few of them nightmares myself.    Pappy
That is a looker.  It does look very authentic.  Also, I really like your arrow, the fletching, your point.  Great work, really noteworthy.  Parnell

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:21:14 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
I had no idea until now lol
Congrats Simson!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline beardedhorse

Bryce and Simson, Congrats.  What kind (animal and leg or back) sinew were used for your backings?  Simson, how were the reflexed tips induced in the California style bow, heat or steam bent or an incomplete V-notch cut in the back and glued and wrapped into place?  Did you like sinew backing elm more than osage or have less problems because the elm is less oily a wood?  Keep up good work.