Author Topic: What animal is this?  (Read 16362 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: What animal is this?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 11:09:35 pm »
Definitely feral hog. I agree w/ Mullet and will add that it looks like it has a mud "mustache" from burying his/her snout in the muck rooting around for a morsel. I will say that the mouth area in this pic does somewhat resemble black bear but the ears and body proportions resemble the hog.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 11:53:55 pm »
Good gawd ;D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline butch

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 07:49:10 am »
pushmepullyou

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 10:04:38 am »
I always wanted a pushmepullyou!!!  ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 11:45:31 pm »
Calandar Girl, have you been walking with Jamie in the " Grass " Fields?  Couldn't see anything in the first pictures, but the last is a bunch of pigs.  Marc was right.  No where near a Coati Mundi.  They are much smaller, and have long striped tails and long narrow snouts.  Racoon?  C'mon you need to go to the zoo for awhile......Yep the little piglets are very cute.  And tender......

Stickbender

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 11:53:15 pm »
Stickbender I will send you a set of pharmacy bifocals if you can't see anything in the first two pics...  :o
The last three are ALL pigs so I do get that it is the first one...Justin said he would roll in poison ivy all neked and bare if it wasn't a raccoon.  Pat and I as well as another think it could be Coati and since Pat and I are both extremely intelligent individuals  ;D  I am sure that is what it is.  ;)
But if it is a pushmepullyou as Butch suggested, I will be there this weekend and plan to trap it.  I won't eat it if it is a pushmepullyou but if not I will and if it tastes like chicken then Hey that is great because "I love chicken...anyway you cook it!  ;D"
PM me you address and I will get those glasses to you asap!  >:D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.