Author Topic: No Glove  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Christian Soldier

No Glove
« on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:34 am »
Anybody else shoot without a glove or a tab? I've tried both and I didn't really like the way either felt, I couldn't 'feel' the string like I can with my fingers. Its like shooting a gun with heavy gloves on. I've developed some callous on my fingers and my shoulders start hurting before my fingers do (unless its really cold) so it works out allright.

I still use an armguard as I don't like the way the string slapping my arm 'feels'  ::) but I feel 'closer' to the bow and I'm usually more accurate just using my fingers.

Anybody else this way, why or why not?
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline CaptainBeaky

• Maker of stuff
    • Westmead Artificing
Re: No Glove
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:10 am »
I stopped using a tab recently, and don't find it particularly uncomfortable - I just prefer not having a tab flapping around :)
The law hangs the man and flogs the woman
That steals the goose from off the common
But lets the greater villain loose
That steals the common from under the goose.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:01:30 pm »
I don't use anything but my bow and arrow.  Once I shoot something, an arm guard is something I'd like to make cause my wrist is starting to get worn raw.  However, I do a ton of shooting.  I might shoot a few stumps and scare some squirrels 4 or 5 days a week but nothing like shooting two hundred arrows at a target one after the other.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »
I shoot bare fingered and bare armed. Dont get hit in the arm, and once the calouses get built up in the spring no sissy paws either 8) Heck my NA short bows dont even have grip wraps, and believe you are right about how ya can "feel" everything that's goin on.
rich

Offline Marks

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »
We use No Glovs on our bowfishing compound bows. Set at 30-40 lbs I can shoot all night with em. I'm considering trying them on my selfbow if I can ever get it built. I'm like you, I don't like the idea of a glove or tabs even though i have yet to use either.