Author Topic: Looking for a scraper or a scrap saw blade to make a scraper  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Hi guys,

I lost my scraper and need a new one. Either looking for a scraper itself or a old saw blade to make one. Want something at least 8 inches long.

I have a ton of stuff to trade including feathers, fletching, handle and tip material, sinew, leather scraps, an old folding knife blade and string material. Also have a bunch of other stuff. Pm me what you got. Thanks.

Jon

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Re: Looking for a scraper or a scrap saw blade to make a scraper
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:45:42 pm »
if you dont get a scraper by thursday, send me a pm with your address ans i will get you some steel in the mail on friday.

Offline hatcha

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »
I think I PM'd you last night, Jon.  My computer froze up when I hit "send" so let me know if you received it ;)

Steve.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »
I have multiple old circular saw blades, pretty big stuff. I cannot cut them, I am too lazy to anneal them(plus I am out of charcoal. being a teenage blacksmith can suck).
It is around 1/8th in  thick, very, very hard. it will wreck a hacksaw blade if you try to cut it.
I can send you half a blade or a whole blade. Whole is hardened alloy steel, the half is carbon-nickel-something steel, it seems harder.
I cut one blade in half with a Dremel, using 8 cutting disks. I was planning on making a hunting knife and some throwing knives.
-Squirrel
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"