Author Topic: Bow #2 - Red Oak Pyramid  (Read 7661 times)

Offline webrx

Re: Bow #2 - Red Oak Pyramid
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »
Thanks Bowman,

now I gotta build me one, cuz I kinda like this one.

d
Experience - that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
Itll be even better than this one too, since you already know what to do. Master one design then master another.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »
Well.. that's  pretty darn good improvement over your first tiller pic!  You can still finesse a bit more out of the inner limbs, but not much.  You are already close to the point where that piece of oak is gonna cry uncle.  I'm impressed that you got that much out of it.  I would probably do a  cordage wrap grip just in case the handle does pop.  Good strong cordage might keep it fixable if the handle lets go, whereas without it, it will probably shatter at your  arrow pass cut out.  All in all, nicely done sir!  Josh

Offline webrx

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 09:17:25 am »
Thanks GunDoc,

I ended up with a leather wrapped grip sticked in front, put about 100 arrows through it yesterday and it seems to be holding up so far.

actually got started on another one yesterday, my son can pull this one, but just barely, and it smacked his wrist pretty hard, he said it got behind the guard, if the one I am working on comes out lighter for some reason, I will trade him as I think it may be pulling too hard for him and that is why he can't keep it off his wrist.

The arrow pass is 1/4 inch left of center, bow is pretty accurate from 10 and 15 yards, no real hand shock, but it does seem like it hits my forearm harder than with my longbow.  I tried raising the brace height and that helped some.

d
Experience - that thing you get just moments after you needed it.