Author Topic: Whats in your quiver?  (Read 6107 times)

Offline sleek

Whats in your quiver?
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »
Just a curious question, but what all do you take with you when you hunt? How many arrows, broad head, field points, knife, etc..

When I go out, I usually take 3 field points arrows, 3 broad heads, a razor blade, my K-bar, super glue, a spare bow string, extra cordage, a candle, lighter, magnesium striker, little bag of dryer lint ( if the weather is wet, some tallow for waterproofing the bow ) a flash light, and old castnet, a bit of fishing line and hook, a baggie of mixed nuts, and a water bottle.

Super glue is for bad cuts, razor and knife are for obvious cutting duties, spare string is just incase, I dont wanna have to go home because of a carelessly handled broad head. The candle and lint make great camp fire starters. I use the cast net to throw in the grass and catch locust and crickets for fish bait ( I fish by a river that feeds a nearby lake ) and often set out a line tied to a stick stuck deep in the bank. I came back to a fish more often than not ( usually a cat though sometimes a turtle ) and like to cook up the fish when I am done for the night. I usually sleep in my truck as its an hour back to my house from my spot. I like to be out for at least 2 nights, 3 if I can get time off work...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Whats in your quiver?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:43:13 pm »
3 or 4 arrows with broad heads and a knife.  That's about it.  I only deer hunt and I do that on my property so I don't need much.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:46:37 pm »
Four broad heads a field point and a blunt and a machete. Also carry a spare string and a knife. Usualy hunt only ten minutes from the house but i take water and a lunch when im planning on staying out all day.
Steve Bennett

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:33:08 pm »
I use a Hip Quiver - 4 broadheads + a Judo and My trusty Buck Personal on My belt. Always have a day pack on with all the esentials and the MOST important thing - a Stanley themous full of HOT-BLACK coffee  8). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:26 pm »
On a normal hunt my quiver 3 arrows, two broadheads and a blunt. My backpack has my rattle bag,grunt call, and a bottle of diluted vanilla extract, a bottle of homemade scent blocker, 1 can of skoal straight, two bottles of water and my knife. I hunt 175yards from my back deck so don't lug a lot around.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »
Whats the vanilla do?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »
It is an attractant, it has brought several curious nannies in to me, checking out that sweet smell. Used it in Ohio a lot just brought the habit south when I came. Not good in the early season here as the yellow jackets like it more than the deer.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »
It works sometimes  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:39:55 pm »
True, The day I find that thing that works 100% of the time I shall be rich.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:46:37 pm »
Capital One Arrows (TM)

What's in your quiver?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 11:18:48 pm »
You guys have some big quivers ???. Six broadheads and a pocket knife.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 10:55:47 am »
4 (or 5) broad heads and 2 blunts in a plains style quiver this year. Didn't get a chance to use any of them though. I'm still pretty new to this hunting thing and I'm solo so I've got a lot of self teaching to do yet.

Also a possibles bag over my other shoulder or sometime's I'll just stuff my pockets. Oh, and my trust worthy RAT 5.

I'm working out an idea of using a side quiver and giving it some MOLLE webbing so I can just strap stuff on.
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:15 pm »
2 Broadhead arrows and a field tip for a practice shot. I dont go "survival" hunting, I just walk out to a tree and climb up it for a few hours, then go back home.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Griffin027

• -Neosho, MO
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 12:31:18 pm »
Typically I carry 3 broadheads, 3 Field Points, extra string (that has been stretched and shot in), extra field points, string wax, hotmelt glue, and tapering tool for quick fixes. Apart from the quiver I carry my pocket knife and Hunting knife.
~ Levi from SW Missouri ~

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:31 pm »
Nothing. I visualize an imaginary arrow and use the power of my mind to do the killing  >:D But I still need to take a quiver and bow, because otherwise I'd have nowhere to put my imaginary arrows, and nothing to shoot them out of. I cook my pasta in a similar manner.

But in all seriousness, I usually run with 3 arrows all with broadheads. We can't hunt anything with field points or blunts here, not even rabbits or squirrels  :(. I usually have my pack too which has my survival kit, a hyrdration pack, some snacks and whatever else I feel the need to bring along.