Author Topic: Can Someone Post a Comprehesnive Wood Tutorial?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline karaterick

Can Someone Post a Comprehesnive Wood Tutorial?
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:10 am »
 As I new aspiring bowyer, one of the greatest tools I could have is an understanding of woods. What woods are the best, how all the different grain patterns affect bow strength and performance and what grains are acceptable and what are not with pics. How to handle different wood types ect.
 It's very important imo that we understand what we are working with - The how and the why?

If anyone feels like taking on such a project or know where that information exists I think it would be of great help. Especially to new and intermediate bow makers.

Offline RBLusthaus

Re: Can Someone Post a Comprehesnive Wood Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:20:05 pm »
you should read The Bent Stick and the Bowyers Bible series.  All will be revealed.

Russ 

Offline karaterick

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:39:38 pm »

I will look into those.

Thanks!

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:58:00 pm »
tim bakers bow woods list onemississippbowwoods.com
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:15 pm »
The Bent Stick is cheap and easy. It may not give you specifics on building, but he gives out all kinds of good info on cutting, splitting and seasoning bow woods. Plus a nice list if common woods found in most states this side of the Mississippi.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.