Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic Boil: May 02, 2013

Author Topic: Tennessee Classic Boil - Contributor sign up thread  (Read 24457 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Tennessee Classic Boil - Contributor sign up thread
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2013, 11:02:37 am »
Pat, we ate the boil up under the pavilion at the picnic tables.  Butter would be fine.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »
JW, you instantly got my mouth watering.  I've never even thought of doing corned loins.  Think I f I brin a few for the pot I can get in, and maybe help w/ prep?  Sounds like a recipe I'd love to add  to my book.

I generally don't corn the loins because I use them as Chateaubriand.  That's fancy Frog-talk for a section of backstrap seasoned and grilled whole, then sliced at the table, served up medium rare and juicy as all get-out.

I generally use roasts off the hindquarters for corning.  This time I picked the loins because they would hold together better for making sandwich meat.  If you are offering to bring loins to corn, you should have started a couple days ago.  They need to cure in the brine for at least a week to a week and a half.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gothmog

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
Well so much for that idea.  Im still gonna find ya and pick your brain bout the brine and process tho. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »
Well so much for that idea.  Im still gonna find ya and pick your brain bout the brine and process tho.

Be sure to bring a small, delicate instrument and a good quality magnifying glass then!

Don't surrender the idea of fetching along some backstraps.  I can teach you how to do Chateaubriand over a campfire!  Taste that once and you will NEVER cook your venison past medium rare again!

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 10:32:41 pm »
Looks like you have most of the ingredients covered, so I'll handle the appetizer, Im bringing about 3 gal of home made fresh salsa, and chips, this year I made some that will curl your nose hair as well as the milder stuff, so your taste buds will be prepped for that spicy country boil.
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2013, 01:06:10 am »
Mark, I look forward you more of your famous salsa.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 01:28:11 am »
Anything else we need? Im bringin more of the family applebutter...and peach butter for breakfast...but dont think we need that inda boil, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Cardboard_Duck

• Winter Haven, FL
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 04:02:29 pm »
I'll be there Wednesday evening, if there is anything else let me know what is needed and I'll bring it.
>>>---------->

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 09:41:47 pm »
Ok, just to get the Friday nite thing going, I will bring the corned venison and some taters/carrots to go in with it.  All I am going to need to get this done is access to water and fire, which I assume someone may be able to point me toward. 

Offline Josh B

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:46 pm »
I'm in for the Friday feast as well.  What would you suggest that I bring to compliment your main course JW?  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »
Biscuits are always a plus, but any bread action to mop up the juices is plenty good!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 12:01:37 am »
That'll do!  I'll get something along those lines.  Man, I'm hungry all of a sudden!  Josh

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »
I've got two loaves of homemade bread already packed, I was going to keep one for Saturday, but I can bring one over Friday night as well, and some dill pickles too.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
I am making a presumption on the folks that do the Low Country Boil, and that is to borrow a pot for the corned venison boil on Friday nite.  This of course, obligates me to let 'em in on a share. 

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2013, 10:07:58 am »
Want to thank everyone involved in the boil.  Special thanks to Cracker for his boil expertise.  It was a fantastic meal enjoyed by all!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI