Author Topic: your work horses pls.  (Read 1598 times)

Offline bushboy

your work horses pls.
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:37 pm »
This is one of my first bows and has shot many,many thousand arrows!bbbelm (with the nodes sanded flat) 72" ttt 58#@ 28.I have shot for extended periods of time from-40 to plus 40 celcius and the tb3 glue hasn't failed!also a very stable bow to learn instinctive archery on!it has taken 2" off set over the years,not bad cuz it was glued up almost flat,jus a very slight tip flips.my question is caan you show me your old faithfulls?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline twisted hickory

Re: your work horses pls.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »
Here is my third bow I made. Have killed some game with it. 51# @ 27. Shag bark hickory. Its kinda slow due to heavy tips but it flings arrows good. has 2.5 of set.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »
Here's my truckin bow.  Its got over 300,000 miles of bouncing around in my truck on it.  It's 60 ntn 55#@28" although it usually only gets drawn to 27".  1 1/2" of set.  I believe its red hickory.  Its beat up, scratched up and poorly tillered.  But it shoots hard and smooth and shows no sign of giving up.  Josh

Offline bushboy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »
Yeah gun doc it's my road bow also ,it's even got road tar on it!lol!it's stored in my car in vert extreme temperatue fluctuation ,but still sends them fast and flat!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.