Author Topic: Medicine Bow,120# pig  (Read 5079 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Medicine Bow,120# pig
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »
Well,got blood with Pat's Medicine bow today.I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't work.It was 208KB and I didn't see it till after I cleaned the hog.We had a two day special "kill as many hogs as you can" hunt in one of our conservation area parks.They let the first 50 hunters in this morning.Had to get up at 3 AM to get in line for permits at 5:30.I'll do it again tomorrow.
  Well I was going to hunt with a shotgun but there was another guy with the only bow there,wheely,but what the hell.So I pulled the Medicine bow out and we kinda hooked up.We got separated in some 10' high palmettos on the edge of a flag pond.I was sneaking down a hog trail when I saw dirt clods coming out of some bushes.It didn't take long and this big ol' sow stepped out and I got her at about 10' away.She squealed and all of a sudden pigs came from everywhere.Little ones and big ones,I had to kick a couple to make them change directions.
   Got that one to the Jeep and went back out with the shotgun,It was time to make some serious meat.Got another one and couldn't find the third one after looking for hours,hate buckshot with hogs.I dropped the other one with a slug.I'll try again in the morning,hafta to get there earlier with most people off on Sat.
   Pat,also got some blood on the hand grip I couldn't get off and broke another "Art arrow" :'( Who gets it next?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:14:01 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Medicine Bow,120# pig
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:33:59 pm »
Congrats Eddie. 8) Don't worry about the blood, thats part of the medicine. Sign and date your kill on the bow please. Send it back to me. I could use the medicine. ;D If you are gonna get rid of the broken arrow, I'll take it too.  I have the one Jamie used to kill a doe last year.
  Cool Eddie. 8) 8) 8)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

jamie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:01:15 pm »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:18:08 pm »
   Coming back to you then,Thanks.I'll send you the arrow, too.Art felt sorry for me when I broke the one on the Alexacarrie hunt and sent me 13,Whooohoo!
Lakeland, Florida

jamie

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 07:33:14 pm »
ed sign my name too seeing as i never did :P

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:45 pm »
  Whats the date?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 06:36:20 am »
Way too go eddie.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

tradrick

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 08:05:29 pm »
Great job.I've been wanting to do some hog huntin.tradrick