Author Topic: New show on history "chasing tail"  (Read 5388 times)

Offline nmcnaughton

Re: New show on history "chasing tail"
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
I have personally never seen a starving deer or overcrowded deer in michigan. Hunting in town could be a good thing, more hunting land is always welcome with 700,000 hunters in michigan. I also believe that if you kill something you should eat it, so donating it is noble but that would mean that they killed for sport.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 10:41:09 am »
Your right about that mcnaughton, but your thinking with a hunters mind. Try (I know its hard!) to think like an anti or non-hunter. Im sure the donation to the food pantrys saves the day for the "hunters". I do see your point and my hunting is just as intimate to me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 11:49:03 am »
I agree with you guys, I have never donated my kill, because I always use it and never take more than I can use.
But I believe donation is good simply because there are a lot of supposed hunters out there that only kill and do not use the meat.I don't know if they think deer are just moving 3D's,something to brag on or they just like to kill something, but there are a lot of them out there and this new TV program looks like it will be right up thier alley.

Kevin
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:42:33 pm by Buffalogobbler »
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »
I plan on going hog hunting soon. There is a problem with overpopulation in some areas, and I have been told there is a possibility I can come on a few private trips. I dont eat pig, but, I sure as heck would enjoy the hunt, the kill, and would very quickly donate the meat. That may be how some others see deer, they enjoy the hunt, but dont like the flavor. Of course, we all know how much problems wild pigs can cause. I cant think of many that deer cause.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:43 pm »
I just watched the trailer, It was being advertised @ the top of the PA forum page.  Man, it looked bad.  There was the guy in the tree with the family walking by on an outing and he said, "Now get out of the way so I can shoot something".  Just as archery was making a comeback, a show like this has to hit the mainstream.  Glad they are "wheelie" guys I suppose.

I love pig, so I'd eat one if I shot it.  Eat most everything I shoot.  As for damage done by deer...they damage a bunch of car bumpers around my area, as well as lots of landscapings around our house.  I live in the country, and I hunt deer in my yard, the ones that eat my wifes flowers in the summer end up on the table in the fall.

Back in the day, like AncientGreece, the hunt was to a thing a step into manhood, hunting to eat was looked down on as a thing for poor people to do.  This thought lasted into the middle ages and probably into todays society as well.  I like to eat wild game, so if that makes me poor, I'm not gonna argue with anyone about it. 

dpg 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06:08 pm »
stop and think a minute, "glad they are wheelie guys", unfortunately there is one word that link's us, "BOWHUNTER", if they come off lookin' like most off the people on reality shows, ethical hunters will get dragged along with them because of that link, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 10:00:14 pm »
So, let's join two threads here and do something about it. How's a primitive archer series sound? The drama can be the hunt, the suspense can be the stave search, bow build, and practice, show the bows that come out and the ones that break. The shows conclusion can be the hunt., and show meat given to food banks, and hunters working the food kitchens. That way,, we don't all look like idiots.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 11:48:19 pm »
Sleek, That sounds like if the right person who new the right people and had the know how could really make a great show.  PA...you ever thought about getting into television?  All it would take to make a piolet is a camera, or gopro and a few sd cards and a trip to Tennessee in May.  >:D  Wait forget I said that...I gotta get some more sd cards.

Thanks for putting it into perspective for me bubby.  I had just watched the trailer and was feeling, well, irrational.  ;)  we should do something as a site, some kinda charity event or the like.  Let's think about it.   ??? dpg

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 12:50:30 am »
"reality"???? Hmmm...... As the "human" race we have eliminated the predators! Have eliminated the natural cycle of the "prey". Introduced road salt to the picture and ......  In California it is about $45 for the license and another $45 for the deer tag and days off work and gas = over $100 per one deer!  So even if they are wheelies at least they are getting a chance to attempt to bring back some sense of "balance", well - we got to start somewhere!  Of course we got to get passed the uninformed ideas of PETA (not People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) and ASPCA (AMerican Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) as well as other Earth Firster types as well as the generally uninformed we got to take a breath and do our very best at demonstrating and explaining our point of view which by the way encompasses many of the Native AMerican points of view on "balance" that we are going to be challenged at every turn! Stand strong PA community and Family! We can do it! Si se Puede!

Offline bubby

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 06:31:19 am »
I just hope they don't come across like a bunch of idiots
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 09:03:20 am »
I just hope they don't come across like a bunch of idiots

Have you watched the trailer?  I'd say it's too late.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 10:23:15 am »
Have you seen thier"Deer Camp"?
Bunch of slobs!

Kevin

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24:15 am »
So, let's join two threads here and do something about it. How's a primitive archer series sound? The drama can be the hunt, the suspense can be the stave search, bow build, and practice, show the bows that come out and the ones that break. The shows conclusion can be the hunt., and show meat given to food banks, and hunters working the food kitchens. That way,, we don't all look like idiots.

I think it's a great idea Sleek!

Kevin

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:52 am »
If you dont think shows like this are intentionally created to aid in ruining hunting rights, your crazy in the head pecker. These tree hugging producers do this on purpose to make hunters look like blood thirsty morons with a 1/4 brain with only 1/2 of that working. It will last one season, but the effects will linger for a long time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline autologus

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »
"Chasing Tail" is what I did year round in High School but I never used a gun or a bow.  ;)

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.