Author Topic: Not multi flora  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Not multi flora
« on: October 31, 2007, 06:59:30 pm »
I was cutting some multi flora shoots today and noticed some other thorny canes nearby,upon cutting I noticed that it wasnt round like the flora,more  ridged star shaped looking at the cut-birds eye view. What kind of skin rippin briar patch,weed is it?
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Not multi flora
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:30:48 pm »
Blackberry cane?     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:45:59 pm »
.....................Like Pat said....bob

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:58:49 pm »
Yup Blackberry been tangled in that stuff a few times
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:09:25 am »
I cut 2 extremely large blackberry canes today. About 6' long(the actual cane was probably 12' long) and one is almost 1" in diameter. I read somewhere that the Cherokee wove baskets using split blackberry canes. That was my thought when I cut these canes.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Broken Arrow

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 08:31:02 pm »
Whenever my friend and I go out scouting for materials, he always points to the blackberry (mistaking it for rose) and says what nice arrows I'm seemingly bypassing.

Loogster

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 06:26:57 am »
random fact of the day
Marion blackberry, the ones most picked and used for pies was created at Oregon State University during the 50's and escaped into the environment. Being very resistant to disease spread quickly and has made its way all the way to Australia. Im fairly sure it was a hybrid of a British type of bramble bush and Himalayan.
Just thought a few of you would like to know  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:40:55 am »
I love Marion berry jam and syrup! ;D I think the name got me interested. ;D  Marion Berry was the mayor of Washington, DC that was busted for cocaine but got reelected to office. When I saw Marion berry jam, etc I had to try them and love the taste. Makes a good balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. ;D        Pat