Author Topic: Idea for your safety Harnes  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Key

Idea for your safety Harnes
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:24:37 am »
I got a climbing stand and it came with a safety harnes. The harness was just great once I got it all untangled on put on. Attached is a picture of how I sewed it to a vest. No I can put the vest on and easily hook up the waist and legs straps. Just thought I would pass this idea along and save you guys from buying a $100 pluse one that is on the market.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Idea for your safety Harnes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:40:54 pm »
Safety harrness? I dont believe in 'em  :P  ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Postman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:27:08 am »
great idea - (reminds me of my kids car seat, though....) i rarely hunt from trees, but use an old Painter's safety belt tight to the tree if I'm really up there. Less weight / hassle and will keep me up for that terrifying second or two to get back in the saddle.

"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:15:42 am »
I hate wearing safety harnesses but they are an important accessory anymore. I personally know 2 different guys that are in wheel chairs, for life, because they didn't have their safety harness on and fell from their stand.
   I am trying to make myself hunt from the ground(without much success ;D). I feel exposed while on the ground even though I know I'm not.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Key

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 12:27:31 pm »
Pat,
I like to hunt from the ground also but anytime I get up in a stand I use a harrnes. Just this year we had another guy fall. By the time they found him was no longer with us. I think it can happen very quikly.
Roger