Author Topic: Nice mini yew haul, could have been far better!  (Read 4278 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Nice mini yew haul, could have been far better!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 03:29:09 pm »
Grrrr ftzzzz hissss.
Hopefully you educated the chainsaw wielding idiots so that any future Yew will saved and flagged up to you.
Were they forestry commission guys? tell 'em you don't mind paying £30 for a decent 7-8' length.
Drives me to distraction, on the one hand we have old biddies who won't let you break wind near a Yew tree, then there are nutters who have no concept of either their value to the environment or the bowyer... calm calm.
Still you sholud get some primitives from the billets. A nice wideish flatish shortish Yew bow is a thing of beauty and great for field shooting.
Jeez 'compound archer' >:(... <slaps head with paw> I hope you spoke slowly to him so he could understand >:D
Del

Del, I knew your claws would come out on this one. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline twisted hickory

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 04:11:33 pm »
Looks like a good haul to me,sounds like our US folks also.I had them look at my place and tell what I needed to do to manage the woods,first thing they wanted me to do is cut all the Junk wood [they called it]Hickory/Hackberry/Beach/HHB and keep only Poplar/Oak[white/red ]Ash and selected Elm.I said Ya right. :) :) I will manage it myself.  :o
   Pappy
That is what they told my father in law to do to his woods. I bet he has at least 15 tri loads of the nicest shagbark hickory you will ever see. That doesn't count white oak, beech, hard maple and the like. He said the same thing. ;)

I wish yew grew here in pa. :(

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »
to be honest, im not sure if youre an archer at all with one of those wheelie weapons. when you can use scopes and triggers, i think its more of an "arrow gun" than a bow. what a shame to watch that wood crippled like that either way
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.