Author Topic: Fletching Adhesive for Cane?  (Read 4837 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Fletching Adhesive for Cane?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 08:36:16 am »
Matt I get the big bottle of NPV from 3 Rivers.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 09:09:11 am »
Well, I could/t find the NPV, but ended up getting a tube of Loctite superglue gel.  Made a test run w/ an end cut off a full length feather and an unsanded cane end.  I checked it this morning and it seemed pretty secure, I didn't give it my all, but I did try to pull the feather off and it seemed pretty tight.  I'll sand a bit on the cane to rough up the surface, and try the loctite this time.  @ the archery shop they did have a cyanoacrylate ethyl glue that bods with pressure in 5 seconds, but it was $10.  I went with the Loctite for $4.  I'll post pics of the arrows on another thread oce they are done.  Thanks for all the replys guys, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »
Ever since going to SE two fletch, I've been tying them on with silk floss, but I get the brush-on Krazy Glue and soak the thread with it. Never hurts to have insurance.

Before that, I would use the standard fletch tape with dabs of Duco on the ends. Worked fine on my bamboo arras. I still brushed krazy glue along the quill for added stick.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 01:06:37 pm »
I've already gone through my first tube of Loctite gel super glue.  Seems pretty good.  Thanks guys! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

mikekeswick

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:31 am »
Guys there are much better superglues available than loctite...it's another one of these well branded/advertised products....and it's expensive for what you get. It's also a little thin for the job. Superglues are available in many different viscosity's try a medium variety! Much more controlable.
The trick with bamboo is removing the rind 1st.

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 11:21:10 am »
Mike what other kinds of super glue do you suggest?  I would like to try some
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:44 am »
I dont believe there are much better super glues available. A bit better suited for the application? Maybe. Loctite Professional is superb glue. Ive used 7-8 types including expensive stuff I got from a pet shop. Loctite dries fast, super clear and incredibly strong. Its NEVER let me down and it has held some sketchy bows together. Gorilla glue sucks, Krazy Glue sucks, Super Glue glue sucks to. Its crusty white crap that isnt very strong.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.