Author Topic: Bag type target stand  (Read 6084 times)

Offline cdpbrewer

Bag type target stand
« on: April 13, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »
Below are some photos of a stand for a bag type target that's about finished.   It's made from parts from the base of a salvaged trampoline, some salvaged 2x lumber and a horse stall mat for a backstop.  Only had to buy the mat ($35) and a dozen bolts.

Figuring out how to repurpose the rusty parts of a trampoline base. 

Before the horse stall mat backstop was attached.  The curved bar at top, back wasn’t used.

Nearly completed.  Gotta stop up the open ends of the tubes and make a cover from better material.  It's 6' under the front arch and the backstop is 58" wide x 48" high. 

Tested the horse stall mat backstop using 1516 arrows shot from 35# bow at 10 yards.   I was very surprised that they went through it since it's 3/4" thick and very heavy- at least 75#.   The arrows were a real pain to remove.   That's better that than shooting the house with a wayward arrow and risking the wrath of the redheaded better-half.   :embarassed:

If anyone wants them, I have the trampoline parts for another stand- they're in Chattanooga TN tho'.

c.d.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Bag type target stand
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:35:02 am »
Neat idea and use of materials C.D.  I like that!! dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline lostarrow

Re: Bag type target stand
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:11 am »
Excellent use of found materials. If you want to take it even further,you can make your own target out of a feed bag(plastic woven works great) stuffed with shopping bags. Stuff em in tight and tie the top. You're done! Great job once again!