Author Topic: this ever happen to you  (Read 6484 times)

TAGGERD

this ever happen to you
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:17:51 am »
my family is in the oil business and i was greasing pumping units today.anyway me and oscar where driving from unit to unit and we saw a 6 point about 100 yards away.we watched him for second then went to the next well.as we get to the next well there he is again.about 75 yards away.i even whistled and he just sat there.so i thought well ill get a picture with my crappy phone.i start walking towards the buck and he is laying down.i get about 50 yards away and start making noises trying to get him up.so i can take the picture.i figured he would bolt but he didnt he just stood up and started walking to myright.stilll not running i took the picture.only reason i found this odd was i sit in a deer stand at the house and cant get a deer within a 150 yards.and now that i am not hunting the dam thing almost let me pet him.anyways thought it was odd.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline deerhunter97370

Re: this ever happen to you
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:50:23 am »
At least once every 2 years I get a four point or better walk out in front of my car during hunting season just afer shooting hours. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:33:53 am »
This has happened to me but I was on a nature call when a nice 6 pointer walked by ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:54:40 am »
Eeyup,I belive this is mother natures version of murphys law.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:56:41 am »
I've had it happen with deer and hogs - only when your unarmed!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 12:23:32 pm »
I think they know more than some give them credit for. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 08:43:25 pm »
 Yep,One of the guy's I work with took a picture of two bucks.They were in the phosphate mines we work in,one was a ten point with about a 22" spread,200# and the one behind him was an eight point about the same size.These are huge deer for Florida,and they were about 20 yds away when he took the picture out of the truck window.He said the ten point is worth getting fired over :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Bishop

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:58 pm »
I live on the south edge of a real small town(pop. approx 500) on a lake here in Kansas. across the street from me is a large gated RV park/campground with a little store near the entrance, the campground is a ghost town in the winter time but the store is open all year.  One night in november last year, around midnight, i stepped outside with my dogs and glanced across the street, standing near the rear of the store sniffing the ground near the dumpster was the biggest buck i have ever seen, huge rack, that ole boy just stood there and stared at me for at least 10 seconds, slowly turned and trotted off through the campground  :o . we see a lot of deer around town and plenty of young bucks but that was the one and only time i laid eyes on that monster and trust me, ive been looking. 
Bishop

Offline Postman

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 10:21:55 am »
was he hit, maybe? Wife saw a nice 8 point 2 years ago in our driveway as I sat hunting 100 yards away.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 11:53:49 am »
About 15 years ago I was hunting with my brother. We decided to put up the bows for a day and grab some shotguns and go hunting for ducks. It started raining so we took shelter and built a fire under a big Spruce to wait it out. We were breaking some dead branches from under the tree when I heard a noise behind me. I turned to see a huge buck walking by not more than 20 yards away. My brother and I just stood there watching it disappear into the brush
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 02:06:25 pm »

My brother was gun hunting probably 20 or more years ago one evening when the rut was going on. He was hunting a swampy area where he couldn't see over 30 yards or so in any direction. He heard deer running and had a buck and doe run right in under his stand. Right when he was about to shoot the buck, the buck mounted and started mating the doe. My brother was unsure what to do...politely turn his head until they were finished, or go ahead and shoot the buck which I thought was extremely cruel considering the timeing!  ;D

He shot the buck during the "act", and was surprised to see both deer drop! The doe was moving around, and he shot her again. That's when the buck jumped up and ran off. He loss the trail in the dark, and so I went back to help him search the next morning. We picked up the trail again and tracked it to a gut pile. Apparently someone else had happened by along the edge of the field and found the deer before we did.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...