Author Topic: Plains Style Blunt Game Arrow  (Read 8131 times)

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: Plains Style Blunt Game Arrow
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »
them are some good lookin arras!!
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 12:48:36 pm »
Well, I've got two of them now. I would like to have a set of 6, but at this rate I won't be finished until July.
Killir duck, yes on the turkey use. Lots of Lakota arrows used them. The Buechel Museum has quite a few that are fletched with turkey. I'll paste a couple of links on here so you can see some.

http://www.sfmissionmuseum.org/archive/images/bmlm_725.jpg

http://www.sfmissionmuseum.org/archive/images/bmlm_724.jpg

Also; new arrow attached.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 11:54:01 pm »
Sweet looking arrows tipi stuff. Making an arrow like that by reducing a shoot takes a lot of time but is worth it in the end. I've done a handful of those myself and have a few more cut to start soon. Yours are very nice indeed, pleasing to look at.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:31 am »
Very cool arrows/blunts.I have some oversized sourwood shoots that was wondering what to do with,now I know.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:59 am »
Great to see that you took a break from your "lurking perch" and posted something!  Great looking arrows.  Are those the ones you were working on over at my place?
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »
Hey Slim! Yes, same shafts. I still have several more to do, but I have to find some time. This morning has been reserved for cutting out rawhide bags.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 01:06:01 pm »
Your arrow making prowess has been called into question down here.  I have defended you but I need your help.  Please make 12 28" Dogwood shafts, spined at 50 lbs.  Self nocks, 3 Turkey wing feathers in a slight helical fletch 5 inches long.  I will defend your work to the best of my ability.
PS.   Prepaid freight is best.

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 01:33:33 pm »
Slimbob, hopefully I can get by the hardware store this afternoon to buy, I mean cut you some nice shafts. Please be sure to wait by the mailbox, as I intend to mail them as a rush order. If they do not arrive in the next several hours, be patient and remain by the mailbox. They are almost on their way as I am typing this.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »
Hey thanks Curt, I am standing by awaiting their arrival.  Well, actually I sent Deb to the mailbox and told her to wait on them.  I assured her of your promise that they are on their way.  She just called and said nothing has arrived as of yet.  Keep in mind that our mailbox is several miles from the house, so it took her quite a while to walk over there.  Told her no sense in walking back, just hang out and wait on them (again assured her of YOUR promise).  I will call you when they arrive.  Keep in mind, this is all for you buddy!
Thanks
Slim

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »
Slimbob, I am sending this photo as an enticing peek at the contents of your package. I know you wanted a matched set, so I am giddy with excitement at the pending arrival of your package.  I believe  you requested a 28 inch length. You can thank me later. Do not let Jake shoot these. Remember, they are not a toy and I do not want to be responsible for someone losing an eye.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 05:43:02 pm »
Wish I could see the picture, my little hand-held distorts the pictures so bad you can't make much of them.  I'm sure they are as top shelf as the rest of your work.  Small change of plans.  Juan called, and his Kickapoo brothers down in Eagle Pass have asked for a dozen authentic Dogwood shafts for their museum.  I have left instructions with the post office to forward these to them when they arrive.  I know you are not into this for the money, (I have always admired that about you), and so I won't insult you with an offer to split the money.  No Sir.  Instead, a letter (from you) will be sent along with the arrows explaining their design and construction, and all of your contact info.  I wish to give you all the credit, so nowhere does my name appear.  I am sure they will be thrilled!  No need to thank me Curt.  Just knowing the joy you are feeling right now is all the thanks I need.  Well, that and the money. :)