Author Topic: WHAT ARE THE SPECS. NEEDED FOR ENGLISH WARBOW ARROWS?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Forresterwoods

WHAT ARE THE SPECS. NEEDED FOR ENGLISH WARBOW ARROWS?
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »
I'm currently making wood arrow shafts out of Leopardwood, Maple, Red Balau, Alaskan Cedar, Spruce, Brazilian Cherry, and African Cherry. Some of these have a higher spine and a lighter weight than say Ash, Oak, etc. Mosy of mine are resistant to warpage due to interlocking grain.
 I would be very interested in making them and sending a few  FREE  samples for folks to test if anyone is interested. Just give me the specs. and pay for shipping and I'll do the rest. Any takers?

Kevin Forrester ;)

Offline adb

Re: WHAT ARE THE SPECS. NEEDED FOR ENGLISH WARBOW ARROWS?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:17:52 pm »
Warbow arrow specs can be found on the EWBS or CWBS websites. Google is your friend.

None of the woods you have listed would qualify for arrows for sanctioned shoots, but they'd still probably make decent arrows. I'd be interested in maple. They need to be 1/2" diameter. The grain is vital. It must be very straight, with no run offs. I'd be interested in shafts that weigh 40-45 grams each, and are 34" long. That would get me a livery weight arrow.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:27:27 pm by adb »

Offline Forresterwoods

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 04:14:39 pm »
Thank you. I should check out thst site.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:34:28 pm »
For warbows I just go out and buy hickory broom sticks for my arrow shafts...... Lol Jk. I'd be interested but I don't own any bows that are considered warbows by no means
I like osage

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:56:16 am »
Kevin,

This link should tell you all you need to know.  It includes plenty of information about the only English medieval arrow we have, the Westminster Abbey Arrow.
http://warbowwales.com/#/warbow-arrows/4557916533

Jeremy