Author Topic: Travling circus  (Read 1708 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Travling circus
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:47:57 am »
Here's one way to transport the teepee,poles,and belongings.The other is on top of a pickup rack,but the bigger your teepee the longer the poles.Poles for this 18 footer are 26' long.A 12 footer you can get by with 21' long poles.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Travling circus
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:54:39 pm »
I'd be afraid of smacking utility lines with that rig! 

With my A frame the longest poles I carry are 8 footers!  I gots it eaaaaasssssyyyyyy!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
It almost looks like a punkin' cannon ???

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:49:12 am »
Actually the tips of the poles are'nt really that high once hooked to the truck.Less than 10 feet.Less than semi-trucks.I pulled it all over the state of Iowa and into South Dakota.Tracked behind my truck like a lazer.You do get some funny looks though and never was stopped by the policia....LOL.A person should have a shed to park it in.One of the great things about it was that everything is nice and at a handy reach when loading and unloading.There were other versions of the use of a 30 gallon barrel to put the butt ends of the poles in at rendesvous.
Probably the best if you're a trader is a bus of some size,but then the gas mileage is pretty poor.Here's a picture of the art work done on the back of it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed