Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 393512 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2008, 06:45:19 am »
O, I am sure you will find a way Tiller. ;D ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2008, 07:09:18 am »
We had a good weekend and got a start on some stave's for the shoot.Hope we have enough. ;)
Still got a ways to go but we are comming along. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2008, 11:05:38 am »
That appears to be enough for a small army to me :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #363 on: February 26, 2008, 11:26:54 am »
We had a small army last year,don't really know how many more we can handle.We are adding
a 18x20 shed this year and a bigger tent so maybe it won't be as crowded.I think
we had 39 register for the selfbow challenge last year with somewhere around 30 finished
to shoot the course with.So to say the least we are busy.Gary Davis helps out a lot along with anyone else that we can con into it.Several of The PA guys helped and gave some advice to the
beginners last year and that helped a lot also ,we really appresheated  it.Especialy GregB and Big A
they get hung with a lot of it ,I seem to get called away a lot trying to keep the rest of the shoot going on ,it seems like it is always something. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2008, 12:19:18 pm »
I probably won't get in the selfbow challenge, would rather spend time getting to now folks
but I can help out, don't know if my advice is worth anything but I can at least run twinkies to Greg ;D
Gotta keep his strength up ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Dustybaer

« Reply #365 on: February 26, 2008, 02:32:10 pm »
even though greg looked bored on all those pics from the 10th classic  ;D , i think the night i arrived was the only time i saw him relaxe.  rarely have i seen a man helping out so many at the same time.  it would start the moment he arrived in the morning and didn't stop till late at night.  every day.  greg, you're a good man, but your patience is above human.

Bishop

« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2008, 04:51:09 pm »
If a guy signed up for the shoot just so he could scrape out a bow and get some tips and knowledge from some much more experienced people than himself, but didnt participate in the shoot would that be okay? im coming for the fun, to meet a bunch of good folks, to do some bow and knapping learnin and to help out in any way i can. im pretty good at lugging stuff, i finally figured out how to sharpen a scraper and i can play a mean clawhammer banjo.
Bishop

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2008, 05:03:44 pm »
You don't have to sign up for anything, these guys will tell you anything you want to know.  I think Greg and I helped 15 kids (in one day) build their first bow last year and I don't know if any of them shot the course. Greg taught me a lot and I didn't sign up.  ::)
I'm going to miss hanging with you Greg.   :'( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2008, 05:18:47 pm »
Yeah you just need to let Pappy or one of the guys know you are coming and if you need a stave.  There is a small charge for a stave.  Send Pappy a PM he will set you straight on what you need.  Plus it really helps the Twin Oaks guys to get a head count so that they can be pepared for the crowd.
In fact, I would ask that all planning on attending give them a heads up.  Maybe they can shout out who wants to keep the count, Pappy, Knothead, GregB or someone else...then they can start taking in the numbers.  Time is creeping ever so much faster!  Wait til you guys see DustyBaer's article that is in this issue coming out...ooops did I just type that outloud?  >:D
 ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Dustybaer

« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2008, 06:02:06 pm »
you're a bad girl.  go to my room >:D

oops did i just type that out loud?   ;D

PS:  i built a bow and shot it, but didn't keep score.  like justin said these folks will help you before you ask and will wellcome you like you're family.  they're just "the nicest people"   ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:08:34 pm by Dustybaer »

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2008, 07:24:31 pm »
Hahaha ;D ;D. Hope I can make it - sure it's going to be a lot of fun...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2008, 07:32:59 pm »
Barring anymore misfortunes, like Uncle Sam not sending me my tax return I will be there
oh yea I have a Cheesehead riding shotgun ;D If I do the selfbow I will bring my own stave.
Bishop if ya need a hand just yell eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2008, 09:11:06 pm »
Pappy, count me in for helping out! I am very willing to help out. Especially since I will be there so early! Also, willing to help teach the little I know about bow building too.  If I dont know something I can always pass it on to one of you more knowlegable sorts! Lets try to give Pappy a chance to enjoy the Classic!

Pappy, do you go by Greg or Pappy?

Great holy molly this is  going to be a hoot!  ;D

David T

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2008, 09:16:21 pm »
David Pappy is Mark, Greg is Greg ::)

Manistique, MI

Bishop

« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:20 pm »
and Dana is a yooper,although im not sure why he is not called a 'Upper" being from up yonder and all.... ;D
Bishop