Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 393608 times)

Offline windling

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #900 on: May 05, 2008, 08:03:43 am »
It looks like you guy's had a heck of a good time too.

oh yes we did, and by far the most when marius and his guys rocked the campingground  ;D.
one day we´ll meet halfway and party together as one tribe of bow-addicts.
´tiller then
quod me nutrit me destruit

Offline DanaM

« Reply #901 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:54 am »
wholly wa eh yall ;D
rolled in at 2:30 this morning all I can say guys is sorry everyone couldn't make it.
Its going to take a few days to come back to earth.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #902 on: May 05, 2008, 10:17:19 am »
We're back in NC and still kicking, I've got a bazillion pics I'll try to get up this afternoon when I get home from work. Man, that was a great time. The only way you could improve the TN Classic would be if it lasted a month or so. Pappy might get tired of us by then, though.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:11:17 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #903 on: May 05, 2008, 10:18:48 am »
Everyone, I can't remember when or if I've had a more enjoyable time then at this years Tn. Classic! :)  What a great bunch of folks brought together...something about our common interests that must attract nice people. I'm reluctant to mention names because there were so many fine PA folks that I'd for sure forget...too many senior moments for me here lately. ;)

Some of the new PA folks to this years Classic...I really enjoyed meeting Da Yooper Eh!, what a nice guy Dana is and I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Jesse from Wisconsin. DTiller is really a nice guy as well, and turned out a great reflex/deflex osage bow! ;)  Cowboy is as nice a person as anyone would ever want to meet, and his smile seemingly always glued to his face just made everyone feel good. Jon (Cookwood) from Georgia worked on his really tough osage stave debarking and chasing grains then several sessions on the form to try and straighten it. You ought to see it now though with one of Gary Davis's fine diamond back rattler skins adorning it! I enjoyed meeting Mullet, and his bows and shooting skills are impressive! OldBow is really a fine gentleman, and I hope he can make it back again.

Some of the repeat PA visitors...Hawk (Ja Ching!) ;D, has some beautiful grips on his bows, and his hickory bow from the 07 Classic was sweet. He also made two really nice bows this year! Shannon (Sawfiler) and his brother make some beautiful recurves with super narrow tips and the attention to detail on these bows are breath-taking. They are sweat shooters as well, and their cane arrows flew like darts! :) Ryans bows were also works of art as always, and I enjoyed shooting several of them. His precious little girl was the center of much attention! PatB left the 07 Classic with a gift of a HHB stave and returned with a beautiful bow given as a donation to the club to be raffled off. Pat is a great guy and his giving ways is an inspiration to everyone who meets him. Hillbilly and his family once again were really a joy to spend time with! Auggie and Koan and Dingleberry and so many more really nice folks made this the best Classic ever!

We enjoyed having Sarah and Marie from Primitive Archer back again this year. Sarah is a great organizer...I think she must have been a Marine drill instructor in a past life as she was barking out orders and getting us PA folks marching for a photo shoot. Marie worked for hours on what turned out to be a fine osage bow.

I hope everyone made it back home safely and get caught up on their sleep! :) Wish we could spend time together more often...

Marius...we missed you! Hope you can make it next year! I'd like to see you and Pat enjoying a PBR together. ;D

I'm enjoying the pic's...keep them coming! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

pugpen

« Reply #904 on: May 05, 2008, 11:54:02 am »
  Hey, Mark and everybody that was at the Classic this year,
I'm a new member and this was my first trip for more than 1 day's stay and I just want to say thanks for a great time. Everone there was very hospitable. It was just like being at a family reunion, only without the arguments. Ha! I met so many people and really enjoyed myself. It's nice to get to put a face with a name and see the person you've been reading about o the forum.Hope to see you all again next year, if not sooner.  Thanks again for a great time.
Pugpen(David)

Offline RG

« Reply #905 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:41 pm »
David T. (D. Tiller) on Rons computer writing to ya all before I go on my flight home. Just wanted to say what a great time I had.  Looking forward to seeing more of you all at the next classic!
For all of you that have never gone this a must attend event! What a great bunch of people!!!  ;D

David T

P.S.: Left more of a message on the Life is Good thread!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #906 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:34 pm »
I've never been involved with something quite like that - what a great time and will take a couple of days to recoup, I'm still in kindofa daze :).
 Was great to meet so many friendly people, hear their voices and get to know them! GregB, Pappy, Joanie, BigA, Ron, Grant and all the Twin Oaks people are top notch!!
 Was about shocked when GregB snuck away for a moment and reapeard handing me a nice Hop Hornbeam stave to take home and finish - I just hope I can do it justice :), thanks Greg!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Karl-Heinz

« Reply #907 on: May 05, 2008, 02:44:19 pm »
It looks like you guy's had a heck of a good time too

Yes we have.....my daughter (3 pic right side) ask me (same pic left) ...lets go next year to this meeting it looks quit nice. She doesn't realize that it is over the sea, and we willl see.

Regards

K-H

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #908 on: May 05, 2008, 04:02:15 pm »
Just letting everone know that i made it home safe.
Man what a time.  What a fine bunch of people.
Them Twin Oaks fokes sure know how to put on an event.
It was great to meet old friends and make more new ones.

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Manager

« Reply #909 on: May 05, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »
I just wanted to thank Pappy and his crew (Ron, Keith, Grant...) for a fabulous weekend... 
We had such a great time meeting all of the new people and visiting with old friends....Can hardly wait till next year!!

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #910 on: May 05, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »
Man I am really bummed I missed this outing... sounds like you guys had a TON of fun... I was planing on coming out but I had just returned from another vacation and the wife wanted to get away for the weekend for a sanity check... tried to convince her that TN was beautiful this time of year but she said no way to a bunch of hours in the car.
We ended up kayaking and hiking the Uwharries in central NC instead... and while I had a great time with the family and much fun... I kept thinking of y'all up in TN having a blast.
Sorry I missed the bash.
Next year I'll be there for sure..
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline DanaM

« Reply #911 on: May 05, 2008, 07:15:53 pm »
Many thanks to the guys and gals at Twin Oaks, this was my my first time going to an event like this and
they set the bar high. Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to make it back next year.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline RG

« Reply #912 on: May 05, 2008, 09:07:18 pm »
Well Well Don't know were to begin Was a very succsesfull classic I am sure Pappy will post picture's when he gets back to work romorrow and have lots to say
We had 377 registered shooters I want to start by thanking all of PA I don't need to start naming names for sure I will foget someone but to each of you thanks so much
for being there and for the support you showed for Twin Oaks. Pappy can give you some of the numbers but all of the donations you folks gave did very well
Pat the bow you donated was won by my son and he bought the tickets at the last minute it he is as proud of it as if he won a new car Pappy can tell who won all of the other
things.Tiller it was a pleasure meeting you and picking you up and dropping you off at airport hope you made back ok I really saw the the look in your eyes when the guy told you it
would cost $50.00 more to check your big bag. For those that could not stay for trophy hand outs I had one of my many special moments of the week  I made a small narrow hickory bow
this past winter and put some of Justins Buffalo horn on for tips I lost the weight on it ( something no one on here has ever done im sure ha ha ) Pappy wanted me to cut the tips and
shorten it and get the weight back but I was not going to cut my first tips off so I told Greg B I wanted to give it to a kid he took it home and put a very nice grip on it
I finished it and sealed it watched for a small child over the weekend I thought could use it and when we started handing out trophy's I called him up and gave it to him with two arrows that Lone Wolf
had given me This boy was so excited and his Dad said they shoot recurves but were thing about making selfbows so now they have there start and that is what it is all about
Not sure I have enough time to talk about all the special times and people I met this past week but  believe me there were plenty  We will all have to get together next year at the 12th
Tn. Classic and talk about all the good times and friends and make more. Again thanks to all the PA folks and for the support

King Ron

Offline Jesse

« Reply #913 on: May 05, 2008, 11:02:52 pm »
Well I had a really really great time and met some people that I think will be life long friends. I felt welcome from the moment we got there. I drove down with Dana and we got to be good friends on the way. I think everyone will be saying holy wah for a while :) What a guy. Pappy Greg Grant and all the twin oaks guys are great folks and go out of there way for you.
Mullet is an animal :D I saw him pull back that 85#er all the way to 30".
Bear looks like a mean guy but once you talk to him hes a great guy and I wish we all lived closer.
 Cowboy never stops smiling and is one of the nicest guys you will meet.
Callandargirl  is down to earth and it was good to meet her.
 I could go on and on about how great these people are but I suggest you just come next year and find out for yourself.
Grant is always cooking and it is some gooood food
Pappy wearing a yooper hat :)
Ryan in his usual pose :) Another new friend
Pat shooting his bow.    Pat is a really cool guy

Some of the flint knapping crew. Its a lot harder than it looks
I didnt name you all but as I said when I was there. If anyone was missing it wouldnt be the same
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #914 on: May 06, 2008, 12:23:39 am »
I think we've filled up the internet, or everyone's posting at the same time. one more try.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.