Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 393623 times)

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #915 on: May 06, 2008, 02:57:06 am »
The best kept secret in Archery, is the Tennessee Classic. If it was to be put to a vote it would be unanimous, but I guess the secret it out because I saw shooters from the far North,to the extreme South and as far East and West as you can get, the bottom line is it just don't get any better. Thanks to Pappy who moves in so many directions that he must have a few clones. Greg B. said that he wasn't going to give as much detailed instructions as he did last year, that didn't work because he answered build questions in great detail, better luck next year Greg. The hands on instructions of Greg, Pappy and Anthony made it possible for a lot of us to take home great shooting bows that also look great. Oh yea cooking from early morning till evening was done by Grant (cast Iron) who put combinations together that would make Emerald  look like an apprentice. We can't forget Ron and a lot of others wonderful people who did many jobs that was done before we arrived, early in the morning and in the background, but you knew it when you shot one of the best set up competition courses around and saw your trash removed wile you were relaxing in your camp and many other things. I'll try to post some great Pic's in the next couple days. Thanks Thanks Thanks   (ching-ching)
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #916 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:49 am »
It was great and I will get some pictures up in a few days,got a lot of catching up to do here,
but I will say it was the best ever.so many new folks and all seemed like family.Got to
love it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #917 on: May 06, 2008, 04:15:14 pm »
Had a great time.
Visited Fort Donelson and Murfreesboro National Battlefields on Sunday.  Visit the Custer Battlefield on the Little Bighorn River if you get a chance.
Attached is a map I made of the courses using my gps handlheld. Fairly accurate, I think.
The short tangential lines show the walk to the targets.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #918 on: May 06, 2008, 04:23:24 pm »
Pappy and crew,...thanks so much for another great time. Me and Auggie cant stop talking bout it. And that little added bonus on the way out topped it off! (its good to be the last to leave) ;) Oh, and Grant..thems the best greens I ever had....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #919 on: May 06, 2008, 09:25:30 pm »
Koan, I really enjoyed meeting you and Auggie, and  I haven't forgot you mentioning them Missouri gobblers too. Some day I would love to call one in for you.  As you could probably tell, I like it pretty good ;D
  Saw Filer
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #920 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:48 pm »
  Auggie, my wife said you kept her in stitches, every time I saw you ya'll were talking, hmmm, ;) Brian, let the sawdust fly on that rocket launching Friendship bow. I think you are the only person that has been working on one.Man, when we started talking, seemed like we new each other for along time.  Shannon, I'd love to slide you through these swamps for an Osceola. I hope you can get down here, I'm sure we'll have fun. Thanks for the gift I took home. It's in the freezer.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2008, 02:09:00 am »
Shannon, I brought the last of the branch water back to NC with me. ;)  I'll be gentile. ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:40 am »
Eddie, you just don't know how much I would like that ;D ;D ;D
 Pat, I wondered where that went. I owed you that anyway and besides I got all I wanted for the rest of my life in about a three hour time. Enjoy!  Saw Filer
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2008, 02:37:14 am »
Yea, yea! Thats it!!! I was trying to keep you from hurting yourself! ;D       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2008, 07:16:03 am »
Don that is cool,someone told me you done that and I was hoping to see it.Thanks.
Thanks again to all of ya ll for making the trip,you helped make it a great success,hope it
was worth it for you.And for those that didn't make it you missed a good one.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2008, 12:39:07 pm »
Words excape me that would do the twin oaks folks justice. Wow,I had such a good time,new friends,new stories and alot of laughs.(I really needed the laffs)Gotta make some arras soon I left several for pappy to locate,and he gave me some nice cane to get started into arras,(thank you kind sir.)Greg really didnt eat all the time, he bandsawed some wood for me,and helped out many others throughout the day. Also glad to meet all the parkers,yalls a bunch of good folks,I dont care what they say.Hey theres somethin shiny! Look theres a cool bow,theres an awesome quiver,look! achicken! Beer! Food! Oh hey nice rock man! Okay Ive lost it, its all run together, need more sleep! Thanks everyone! Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2008, 02:11:10 pm »
Ok, I'll try to send some Pic's

[attachment deleted by admin]
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »