Author Topic: weird arrow flight  (Read 3072 times)

Offline AH

weird arrow flight
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:36:14 am »
I'm having a bit of a problem with my osage flatbow... :-\ or probably my arrows.
The arrows are not flying out of the bow straight, instead they're consistently going to the left..?
I know they're the right spine for the bow, as I shoot them with two other selfbows that are the same draw weight and are actually less center-shot, but they're just not flying well out of this one..? ???
any advice?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: weird arrow flight
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:00:47 am »
Little more info might help,are the kicking left out of the bow,with a wobble in flight or just hitting left in the target? If the are flying good,see nothing but nock
and hitting left in the target,try canting your bow a little more ,if they are kicking out of the bow and flying bad in flight to the target then you got other arrow/spine
or nock setting problems or even brace height will effect it some. I assume you are right handed  :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:17:00 am »
One size fits all doesn't work with trad bows. The arrows that fly well out of one fifty pounder might not be right for another. Like Pappy says ,....need more info.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:34:32 pm »
Tilt your bow more to the right.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 06:12:44 pm »
Brace your bow a tad higher?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »
Brace your bow a tad higher?

+1 on this and cant your bow. Also it might be because of your form with this particular bow. If it is even slightly heavier or less comfortable to shoot you may be raising up your elbow causing the arrow to fly slightly left.

Jon