Author Topic: How to Get Off This Mailing List?  (Read 17217 times)

Ahnlaashock

How to Get Off This Mailing List?
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:55 pm »
How do I unsubscribe from this site?  I no longer want anything to do with this place. 

Offline HickoryBill

Re: How to Get Off This Mailing List?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »
Just curious: WHY?
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »
Go to the button above that reads "Profile".  When your cursor lands on it, you will get several options.  Choose "Summary".

From there you will look to the left side of the screen.  Under the blue bar labeled "Actions" there is the choice to "Delete this profile".

By the way, did you ever get a bow out of that big oak log that had the sawn off branch inside?  That had to have been a bear to split open. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:28:22 pm »
No, I did not.  I almost killed myself splitting it!  It had about eight or so of those cut off limbs in it if I remember correctly.  I split the whole thing, and by the time it was cured, I was pretty much out of the hobby. 
I did make a pretty nice working long bow out of red oak that would throw heavy shafts well enough to have hunted, but then my hip went bone on bone.  The bow took more and more of a set over time, and seemed to become more rigid over time, not more flexible. 
I have 70 acres and a cabin to go to, but I can't even get around on the property anymore.   I have to stick to flat ground and even then, it is a question of how much pain I can endure sometimes.  It pretty much ended most of my hunting and woods time that is not spent in the yard of the cabin barbequing and kicking back.
I was just cleaning out the old email links.  Now that you asked that question, and I have thought about it, I may not yet be ready to delete my entire profile at this time.   Thank you for the response by the way. 
I finally figured out that if I wanted a nice bow, I would have to buy one.   I want a high energy bow for hunting purposes, of a length suitable for stand hunting, and I believe what I want demands more skill than I have time to build to or obtain.   I started with a 56 inch Hoyt Pinto I believe at 65#'s, and while I am not hung up on details of construction, I want about the same level of performance.   
Like a lot of old guys.  Lusting after a sweet stick bow, but needing a handicap parking spot! 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:09 am »
Glad you changed your mine,was wondering what happened. :) Hope the hip gets better or repaired. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »
Ow.  Just saying bone on bone hurts my joints.  Sorry to hear that, brother.

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »
It is what it is.  You either play the cards as dealt, or you fold out of the game.  I am not ready to fold my cards today, and if I am staying, I am gonna raise! 
They say I am too young to operate, so I am supposed to just hurt for 5 to 7 years until they figure I am old enough to actually fix.  By that time, the limp and distortion will have ruined everything else, including my knees. 
There are a lot of people in worse shape. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 12:15:17 am »
12 years ago my bone doc told me I was facing spinal fusions in my lower back.  He urged me to hold out as long as I could.  I'm holding.

Yup, buddy, it is what it is. 

oldtwohairs

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 11:45:11 am »
You need to get that surgery done! I had bone on bone in my right hip and had it replaced 3 years ago and I will turn 59 in Aug. They took one look at my X rays and said how long have you been walking on that thing? I said it's hurt like this for several years. The doctor didn't say anything about being to young. I sure am glad I had mine done......I figure that if it wears out in 15 years then I should be able to replace it again or just live with it.

Good Luck!

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 11:05:21 am »
Well, until the last few days, I guess I could have gone in and raised heck, forcing them to to the surgery, but everything has changed in just a few days.  The sequestration cuts took my wife's job Thursday.  They canned her after 27 plus years, three years short of social security.  After 27 years, they gave her a two week severance, and we have less than two weeks of health insurance now. 
We can pay off everything we owe in the world, so we are not completely devastated, but that will leave us hand to mouth with no medical coverage at all anymore.  When my medications dry up, I will likely be crippled up completely in a very rapid progression. 
I still am not planning on folding my cards, but the game just got a lot tougher! 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:16:42 pm »
Dang it, I didn't wanna hear that.  Sorry brother.

Offline swellcat

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »
. . . the choice to "Delete this profile".

Isn't there a way short of profile deletion to adjust the frequency of emails from the site?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 06:25:34 pm »
Look up above where it lists "  Home  Help  Search   Profile  My Messages  Calendar  Members   Logout  "

Click on "Profile"
Now on the left side of the screen under the heading "Modify Profile" you should click on "Notifications".
This brings up the page where you will find a box you can uncheck, the box is next to the line "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

That will stop you from getting all the notifications on any thread you previously posted and from receiving any notifications on future threads where you may or may not post. 

If that doesn't do it, let me know just what emails you are getting.  I am just making an assumption on what emails you were listed to receive.

Offline swellcat

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:17 am »
If that doesn't do it, let me know just what emails you are getting.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I'd found Notifications already.  It's unchecked, so that wouldn't seem to the email generator.  Bow-of-the-month, bow-of-the-year emails are what I'm talking about.  I'd prefer to view these things on the board rather than deal with emails (always with duplicates, it seems) about the same.  Are there other communication-frequency preferences I've overlooked?

Thank you.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »
Hmm, lemme look around!  Any Moderators wanna field this one?