Author Topic: Billy will be on New Discovery Channel Survival show!  (Read 7423 times)

Offline billy

Re: Billy will be on New Discovery Channel Survival show!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »
Yeah I agree it's kinda pushing the limits for Discovery Channel, but then that's what they want to do.  I gotta say that the survival shows are really the only things I watch on TV.  I don't really care for the vast majority of garbage that's shown on the "Rot Box". Every channel has reality shows now, and it's unfortunately gotten a little ridiculous.  I just want quality programming!!   
Marietta, Georgia

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »
Congradulations Billy, can't wait to see it!!  I don't have cable but I'll be sure to catch it at a friends house.  Worlds best stunt woman?!  Sweet!  Did she start looking like a big chicken leg after a few weeks?  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:21:59 pm by PAHunter »
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline ohma2

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 11:46:35 am »
congrats Billy will be watching.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 10:22:35 am »
This is sort of funny. I warned the other half that I had set the DVR to record "Naked and Afraid". I got the look I expected, so I had to explain what the show was about and that I knew one of the people that was going to be on it. After that she was ok with it. Looking forward to watching.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 01:18:09 am »
Just watched Billy's naked a$$ on tv lol you did awesome buddy. Should call you the snake wrangler. Also that point you knapper out for a spear was impressive on the fly.
Kudos

-Pinecone
Clatskanie, Oregon

gutpile

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:27 am »
I saw the commercial and said " Hey thats Billy"...cool you represented the primitive archer guys very well..it was the best show of the series and by far the most challenging....great job..I was proud of both you two..you complimented each other well..where did you get the glass and what did you use to notch it..dang nice point too...do you get paid for doing the show...?..Kirk

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 08:04:01 pm »
FINALLY a dude represented on that show ! each guy before was a pu$$y and I felt like the women out performed them ! Good job I know that wasnt easy !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »
Dang I missed it, saw it coming on and didn't realize it was his episode. Hopefully there was some archery?
I like free stuff.

Offline billy

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 01:37:29 am »
HEy guys!  Well, the show aired last nite, and will re-air several more times over the next few weeks.  I really hope ya'll liked it.  I thought it was really good, and I was very pleased that they presented me in a positive light.  Most of the guys were portrayed as whiners or with substandard skills.  Glad I dodged that bullet.  Anyway, what did you guys think? 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 02:04:33 am »
HEy guys!  Well, the show aired last nite, and will re-air several more times over the next few weeks.  I really hope ya'll liked it.  I thought it was really good, and I was very pleased that they presented me in a positive light.  Most of the guys were portrayed as whiners or with substandard skills.  Glad I dodged that bullet.  Anyway, what did you guys think?

There's already a thread. 
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40615.0.html
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 02:23:33 am »

You did great. I thought you were gonna fashion a sapling bow when I saw you hacking down that little tree.
Very well done. Must have sucked getting flooded out. Happend to me once when I camped along a river.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 06:07:05 am »
great job billy, got the worst area and although you were starving, you guys ate better than the rest, well done
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 05:34:36 am »
Billy thats amazing..like u I watch surviavl shows..how did u get that opportunity to do that?  That would be a dream come true... Im sure being out of your comfort zone not being familiar with the terrain and no clothes was a serious challenge.  Im not sure I could walk barefoot in a swamp...snapping turtles, snakes, etc..Congrats man..I will rewatch it again..did u mention us t all???LOL..hey who knows a little tv time might open up something else down the road!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Marks

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 10:51:31 am »
Billy what else have you been on? I feel like I have seen you before.

They did show you and the other guys complaining more than I feel they should have. I think you stick anyone in that situation with no food and nothing but nasty water as far as the eye can see and they will complain. Heck, I didn't eat breakfast yet this morning and I'm sitting here wanting to fuss about it. I wish they would emphasize that part less and show more of the actual survival such as the knapping, and crawfish trap making and stuff like that. I bet having to poop in the water was rough.

Now that I've finished typing I'm gonna go microwave some toaster struttle  ;) I'm starving!! >:D

Offline JEB

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »
Wife and I watched it.  A little on the different side, walking around naked and camping in a swamp.  While watching it looked like you were working on a glass arrowhead and attaching it to a stick for a spear.  At the beginning of the show you and the gal were given only two  items to use, you a knife and the gal a fire starter.  Was I seeing things or did you knap a glass point and if so where did the glass come from?  When I saw that I mentioned it to my wife but she didn't catch it so maybe I was seeing things.  I did get a kick out of you being on the show the day my Primitive Archer Magazine came.  I grabbed it and pointed your photo out to her from the magazine.