Author Topic: BBI elb, and a maple PH hickory trilam elb... (probably picture heavy)  (Read 5780 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Beautiful finish and bends on those,just hope i manage to get the ash elb i work on nearly as good!
great looking bows but what the heck happened to you >:D
I looks like one of those dreaded drive by trimmer attacks  ;D

lol  ;D Thanks guys! Mike, I will be sure to round the corners off the bamboo near the tips next time, thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:51:50 pm by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Badly Bent

Man Knots those are both really nice bows, graceful tiller bends as well. Great work!
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline paulsemp

those are some awesome bows. definitely on my bucket list of things to try

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Very handsome, great tiller.
Those horn nocks look good for poking Compounders with too >:D
Nice finish, like the clean nodes.
Bet they lob an arrow a gooooooooood way........ thud
Del
BTW Did you know there's a tax on ELBs made outside the UK? It's tin of Tuna per bow ::) Just PM 'em to me I'll eat 'em at my leisure see they get to the right gowernment depatment  O:).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:36:04 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline AH

Oh man, that BBI is sweeeeet...
I want to make one but alas, I have no ipe :(

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
Flat out gorgeous bows!  Got everything I need to start my BBI except time. Hope mine turn out as nice!

Cheers!
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline PortlandJoe

• nock. draw. LOOOOSE!
beautiful bows as always!  i'm loving my warbow. 

Offline bushboy

How thick is that ph core and would you make it thicker next time?I once had long hair but I cut it because I had toomanyknots!lol! Just jokes bro!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline adb

Both very very nice bows! Great attention to detail and both have flawless tiller. Nicely done!

Offline toomanyknots

How thick is that ph core and would you make it thicker next time?I once had long hair but I cut it because I had toomanyknots!lol! Just jokes bro!

It's about 1/8" thick, so is the backing as well. I don't know, for this weight and length of bow I think it worked out perfect at 1/8", as the tips are 3/8", so there is an 1/8" of each laminate at the tips.

Very handsome, great tiller.
Those horn nocks look good for poking Compounders with too >:D
Nice finish, like the clean nodes.
Bet they lob an arrow a gooooooooood way........ thud
Del
BTW Did you know there's a tax on ELBs made outside the UK? It's tin of Tuna per bow ::) Just PM 'em to me I'll eat 'em at my leisure see they get to the right gowernment depatment  O:).

They shoot an arrow pretty nice when I can actually put an arrow in the target,  :o, here is one I missed shot off the ipe bow, and hit the concrete side of my house narrowly missing one of my wifes flower pots! (I was shooting arrows spined around 110 - 115 or so @ 28", so I had to aim like 3 feet to the side of the target to get them to go where I wanted,  ;D):

Also, I talked the tuna situation over with the residents of the house, and they don't seem too happy about the idea of so much tuna leaving their house...

Thanks guys, always means alot coming from all the talented and skilled people on this forum!
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair