Author Topic: Shooting off Center  (Read 5998 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Shooting off Center
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 02:49:48 am »
Yes canting has always helped me move the arrow to the right a bit.Being right handed.If ya really get good you can shoot from the hip....Like a friend of mine does once in a while.I hav'nt practiced that way yet though.What Pat said is dead right too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:09:19 pm »
""""Thanks for the tips guys:::: How the nelly can you Kant the bow when you are pulling 50#....?""""

I kant the bow also at about  45 degrees and my hunting bow is 68 pounds, quite a bit less than in my younger days!  ;) If you dont kant it I dont care how good your arrows are you will shoot to the left to some degree (assuming your right handed) if shot off the side of the bow, the hand, or knuckle.

Eric

Offline bow101

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 11:14:13 pm »

(assuming your right handed)...Yup
shot off the side of the bow...Yup           Then I'll Kant................ :)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 06:20:23 am »
I wanna know more about this shooting a bow from the hip thing!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 09:23:25 am »
Holding the bow from your waist out.Not coming to anchor by your face.Usually not as long a draw.Like shooting from your chest only lower.The bow is laying horizontal from you as you draw.Extremely canted.Not the most accurate way to shoot,but like anything else practice can make close to perfect.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:02 am »
I was working with a guy today on his shooting and he experienced arrows hitting left (right-handed).  Reason for him was that his anchor point was floating out in space away from his face a good 3-4 inches.  Bringing the anchor into the corner of his mouth brought the arrows to where he was thinking they should go. 

Could be arrow spine, but I thought I would throw that out there too.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:20 am »
Sleek, the "shooting from the hip" as it has been called is the way most Plains Indians shot their bows, an anchor somewhere near the center of the chest or the armpit. the anchor was usually a floating anchor and used with snap shooting, meaning when full draw was acheived arrow was loosed, very accurate at close range with practice.

Eric