Author Topic: Required reading  (Read 5264 times)

Offline Little John

Required reading
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:18:04 pm »
 I have held off from buying Howard Hills book (Hunting the Hard Way) due to its relitively high cost. What a mistake. Great reading and I am now shooting farther and with more confidence than ever. Makes me wonder why we do some of the things we do when we have such a wealth of information from the undisputed master of the bow.  Now I have a Hill style long bow on my list of archery projects.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Required reading
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:48:01 pm »
Can I borrow it? ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:41:03 pm »
..........Kenneth....read what he says about Charlie Snow.........bob

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 07:32:59 pm »
..........Kenneth....read what he says about Charlie Snow.........bob

I think I read that part sixteen times alone ;D!

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:46 pm »
It is all pretty amasing. Yes Bob I liked the part about Charlie Snow alot. It also makes me more into Hill style long bows six foot long and never mind the other sensitive and hard to shoot well styles. I also think that I am going to give up on the instinctive style of shooting as I havent mastered it in years of trying and haven't really gotten any better in a long time. The way I was shooting this morning I feel that I can extend my effective range by twenty yards by next season, any way pretty pumped up about it all.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 03:49:09 pm »
My Local library has a copy so I get it for free. Lilmoose NO religion talk.
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:05:41 pm »
Haven't read it but will drop hints to the wife Christmas is coming ;D

Play nice guys or Sarah will spank ya both ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 09:22:30 am »
Well Howard Hill might not be God, But I figure they shoot together all the time.  Kenneth