Author Topic: Super Score At The Bookstore!  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
Super Score At The Bookstore!
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:04 pm »
We have a used bookstore here that you can bring in your stuff and get trade credit to get books with. I brought in stuff and got enough trade credit to get three books I really scored finding. "Bows & Arrows of the Native Americans" by Jim Hamm, "American Indian Archery" by Reginald and Gladys Laubin, and "The Navajo Hunter Tradition" by Karl Luckert. I had all these books besides The Navajo Hunter Tradition but loaned them and never saw them again. I missed these books and now have them back again. And they didn't cost me a cent as I used trade credit. Bows & Arrows of the Native Americans I found hiding right as I was about to check out, so I really got lucky!! I upgraded on American Indian Archery since the one I got today is hardbound and the one I originally had was a softbound. Pretty happy about it all!!
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Super Score At The Bookstore!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »
Great find! I look everytime I go to our used bookstore. Haven't found an archery one yet.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:30:53 am »
I found these in the Native American section. With used bookstores, you're at the mercy of the person stocking the books. The books can be in the Native American section, in Hunting, in History, in Camping (????), and in the Firearms section. Same thing with new bookstores. All the archery books at Barnes & Nobles here are over in the Native American Studies section.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
Nice find. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:21 am »
 8) dpg