Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-o-Rama and Primitive Skills Weekend: July 19, 2013 - July 21, 2013

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama and Primitive Skills Weekend(July19,20,21)  (Read 16470 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
It's coming fast. Four weeks from this weekend(July 19-20-21) is the date. I'll come up with directions(with milages) soon but basically we are 10 miles south of Brevard, NC. 28712.  Primitive camping, pot luck supper Saturday night. Bow building, arrow making, flint knapping, cordage and fire making and more.
For more info contact me at
828-884-6205
marciaandpat@comporium.net

Be there or be square!  ;)

Pat
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:25:34 pm by Calendargirl »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama and Primitive Skills Weekend(July19,20,21)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:25:57 pm »
and it's also his birthday bash!   8)   >:D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:32:39 am »
...but who's countin? 63 ain't all that bad.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 07:56:20 am »
One of these years I'm getting down there pat.  My boy has a Boy Scout event that weekend I can't miss.  Have fun!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:46:36 am »
Can't wait pat thinking about coming up Friday after work you need anything let me know
bryan irwin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:09 pm »
As we get closer I might think of something. David's smoker is still where it was left last year so we can cook on it plus I have a weber grill. Steve and Tina are coming and will take smoker back with them.   Jeremy coming with you?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
If only I could make it Pat......Id crash this party and turn it upside down, as long as I could be in bed by say 9:30 -10:00?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »
Hey Pat!
We are looking forward to another great time for the Camp-O-Rame. Cody will not be with us because he ships out for the Navy on July16. I will miss him not being there, he has been to everyone.  :'( We are thinking about beer butt chicken and a pork loin to cook up on the grill for Saturday along with all the fixins. Eggs, bacon and can biscits in the AM. If anyone has an extra gas stove bring it the more the merry. Steve is going to round up some fire wood for the grill. Well I guess that is it, let us know if you would need anything else. Save our spot for us, you know your old spot.  :)

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:31:43 pm »
Cool Tina. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Steve PMed me about Cody. I will miss him being here but I know he is doing what he has worked hard for. Good for him. I know how much you will miss him but it is time for the chick to fly.
 I have seasoned red oak so unless Steeve has something special he can use that. If you'd like I'll help out with the chicken or pork. Just let me know.
  Pearlie, come on down...you will be able to go to bed by 9:30-10:00 but I'd bet you won't be sleeping.  ;)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »
Pat, I'll bring some hickory and apple wood to cook on. You got all the yallerjackets and copperheads run out of the smoker? Lookin' forward to it, been so busy lately we haven't had a chance to do anything.

Pearl, we just gettin' started about 10:00!  8)  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »
Bryan, Bring them git-tars. Barry's gonna get to come this year, too, I think.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 12:02:00 am »
Cool and I don't, leave home with out them you bringing that mandolin

bryan irwin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »
Steve, I think the 7' black snake won't let the copperheads in his cooker.  ;D  Hadn't seen any yellowjackets yet either but I'll keep my eyes open.
Glad to hear Barry is coming.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 11:23:31 am »
Pat, I love to come, but I already made plans with David to go to Cloverdale for the IBO shoot. One of these days Me and Steve are going to come down. Sounds like a great time. I'm not a master craftsman like you guys, I need electric, but I can watch and learn with a cold one in my hand. Hope you have a great time and weather. 
   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »
Thanks Bro Dan. I wish you guys could make it but I understand. BTW, we do have electricity so that is not a good excuse. Sitting around with a cold one is a prerequisite!  ;)