Author Topic: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)  (Read 37333 times)

Offline Marks

Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:12:35 pm »
Wasn't really impressed. They didn't really do a whole lot. Basically they built a shelter, killed a snake and turtle, and burnt the shelter down.

And that guy complained about the girl the whole time. Hope future episodes are more educational and entertaining. If she was uncensored it might be a little better but since it wasn't I a little disappointed  What did yall think?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:07:41 pm by Marks »

Offline TRACY

Re: Naked and Afraid. Epiode 1
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »
It was different than all the other shows on survival. I thought it was ok, but felt like they didn't make much effort to make tools to gather food in such a wildlife thriving environment. Heck they didn't kill anything in the first five days! Maybe the editing process left a lot out. I'll watch more and see if they get better. With the first episode and clips from others, it seems like the men view the women as inferior and incompetent  :-\

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »
I thought sky wire live was much more interesting!  Yeah, that guy was a mega weenie.
1’—>1’

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:52:44 pm »
These "survival shows" are like so-called "reality tv". Totally staged situations.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Marks

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 06:12:49 pm »
It was different than all the other shows on survival. I thought it was ok, but felt like they didn't make much effort to make tools to gather food in such a wildlife thriving environment. Heck they didn't kill anything in the first five days! Maybe the editing process left a lot out. I'll watch more and see if they get better. With the first episode and clips from others, it seems like the men view the women as inferior and incompetent  :-\

Tracy

That's what I meant. It didn't seem like they tried very hard. They weren't surviving. They were basically waiting it out for 21 days. The guy lost over 40 lbs in 21 days. That doesn't tell me it was the editing. I'll for sure keep watching it but I hope it gets much better.

And yes, the skywire was very impressive.

Offline Roy

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
I'll bet the camera crew had food and beer:) I'm not a TV person.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »
I thought it was pretty lame. I watched it a little bit, got bored and went to bed. I couldn't figure out if they are trying to survive why they didn't eat the first snake and, they made me look at "man butt".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:30 pm »
they made me look at "man butt".

EWWWWWW  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:51 am »
I haven't watched it yet,but Miss Joanie watched it and taped it for me,she said it was about as silly as it gets,I will watch and see for myself,maybe Billy's part will be better. :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:02:40 am »
My wife and I watched it last night.  We didn’t really need to see a man rear.  I was disappointed in the show.  They waited it out sort of speak and then made it out.  I think that guy was a horrible example of a man the manner in which he spoke to the lady.  He complained about everything and blamed everything on her.  That aspect was very disappointing.  I don’t think they did enough to find or hunt for food.  I think their abilities to make a shelter and weave clothes were excellent.  Cheesy, and the guys behavior toward his partner bordered on the abusive. 
Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:29:49 am »
I recorded and watched it. The show has possibilities, but to run this one first was a mistake. The guy was a complete jerk. Yea, he had a terrible childhood, but that is no reason to stay pissed off at the world for the rest of your life. I hope the future shows are better.

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 11:06:58 am »
thumbs down from me too...  seems that they just hung out waiting to get paid and go home....  they were barely surviving...more like starving to death..   the guy was a jerk and pissed me off from the word go.  After 21 days with him I might have thrown a poisonous snake in his bed and let fate run it's course.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 11:12:31 am »
Also... In my opinion... covering 21 days inside a 1 hour tv show......pretty lame.   there wasn't a single thing to be learned in the show...  makes you wonder if they maybe did more for "survival" but it didnt make the show because confrontation is what the producers were looking for...  if I wanted to hear a couple argue I'd watch that annoying Hagen Dazs commercial with those arguing Italians.     Looks like the next couple in the previews only argues too....and the woman in the next one doesnt have nearly the backside that this last one did.....   I am hoping Billy does better on his episode..and praying that his partner is better looking and less argumentative.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Marks

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 11:24:10 am »
All that and they up the guys survival rating to +8/10.  And the biggest ridiculousness of the whole show........What 40 something year old man complains about getting paired up with a pretty 20 something yr old naked chick. MAKES NO SENSE! I'm only 27 now but I hope I don't lose all libido by my 40s. I realize they are there to survive but why complain about the scenery.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 11:26:26 am »
Got rid of the TV over 16 years ago and haven't looked back. But I saw a DVD episode of Ice Road Truckers World's Most Dangerous Roads where American truckers had to drive this road in the Himalayas. Now THAT was a survival show. People passing two at a time on blind curves on what we call a one lane road here, including buses loaded with passengers. Lots of near-miss head-ons almost happening and all in a day's travel for them. These American truckers were totally freaked out and their Indian co-drivers riding with them are just catching up on sleep.

As far as the dude on that survival show, should have made him a real survival situation. Parachute him into Iran with CIA credentials hidden on him somewhere he don't know about.  >:D
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...