Author Topic: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)  (Read 37763 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: Naked and Afraid. Epiode 1
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »
for some reason now a days people do not like to learn anything they just want to see drama. so many of these reality shows start off with potential and then they go right down the tubes, American Chopper great example. if I wanted to listen to people argue all I have to do is go to work. when going on strenuous outdoor trips for long times sometimes the hardest thing to do is get along with your partner. but I will guarantee Discovery Channel paired them up for the drama.  if it wasn't for having little kids and being stuck inside I would never watch TV. very disappointing

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 01:40:27 pm »
Didn't watch it.  From what I'm reading, I didn't miss much.   :-\
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 01:58:35 pm »
Yea I didn't like it that much. I like Survivorman and dual survivor much better
I like osage

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:07 pm »
Didn't watch it.  From what I'm reading, I didn't miss much.   :-\
+1 I don't watch TV anyway. Reddit is more than enough.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 07:53:24 am »
Recorded it and the wife n I finally watched it after the kids went to bed last night...I think those two would've died or had to have been evacuated if thrown into a desert environment...they were put in a lush thriving ecosystem and they def weren't "surviving".. they just barely existed and waited it out...and what the heck is a "survivor rating",and who came up with that,and who are these experts rating these people?...they were more like a 2 on a scale of ten to me...where's Les Stroud when ya need him..he's the man... 8)

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:43 am »
Watched it last night with my cousin.  She thought it was entertaining but I had to explain to her that survival ratings are something that this show completely made up.  My cousin said she was going to sign me up for the next season. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 09:03:10 am »
TV is just bad, and getting worse....too much staged/fake reality.    I do like Survivorman though.  Les Stroud is the man, but he can't catch a fish for #%$!.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:11:14 am by hrhodes »
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 12:03:46 pm »
I stumbled across this show the other night and watched it. I thought it was pretty lame, especially that guy. He was pretty worthless in those conditions and quite a whiney jerk. They should have left him out there to really survive. He would have failed miserably.
 I do hope Billy's episode is better.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline johnston

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17:59 pm »
Don't watch TV. Always wondered why anyone would rather watch than do... now Por-- excuse me, Sorry.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 07:02:02 am »
I caught the replay, What a waste of time.  ???
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:52 am »
  IF ALL THEY KILLED AND EAT IN 21 DAYS WAS A SNAKE AND TURTLE. No wanded they were so down and out by the end of their 21 days. Did you notice that the turtle she caught was a lot smaller the the one they eat.
  I did a hole lot of survile camping growing up. One thing that makes it really hard is to stay in one place that long. You had thought once he saw that snake under the log he's went on a log hunting trip or 3.
  They must not have been to nature (survile) related They were beside a stream. Not to hard to make a fish trap. Pile up rocks on the sides and force the fish down steam to it. We never did a camping trip that we did do this if we were at a small stream.
  I'd come out in better shape that they did. They'ed have dieded in cold weather.
  I'm sure next week has to go better that they did.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline darwin

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:47 am »
The only reason i watched it was because I heard someone on the forum was going to be in one of the episodes, but it was just way to much drama for me, especially the guy. I ended up turning it off and going to bed after they passed up the first snake and didn't eat it. How can you pass up food that plops into your lap like that. All you have to do is take a forked stick pin its head and then whack it with the machete. If from what i gather the guy lost 40 lbs over 21 days i bet he wouldn't have made it to 35 days.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »
Hard to find a reality show that is'nt filled in with people arguing and fighting most of the time.Sickening if you ask me.At the beginning of the show they claimed each person had this certain degree of survival experience under their belt.That guy may have been 40 in this world on the earth years but in his mind emotoionally he was a child.Both of them just waited out the 21 days.They showed very very little survival skills whatsoever.Kuddos to the girl for surviving is all I've got to say.The only thing appropriate about the show was the title.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline 4dog

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »
Always remember boys and girls the key is in where you watch this ,, TV,,tells you there how real the "reality" is.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »
The only reason i watched it was because I heard someone on the forum was going to be in one of the episodes, but it was just way to much drama for me, especially the guy. I ended up turning it off and going to bed after they passed up the first snake and didn't eat it. How can you pass up food that plops into your lap like that. All you have to do is take a forked stick pin its head and then whack it with the machete. If from what i gather the guy lost 40 lbs over 21 days i bet he wouldn't have made it to 35 days.

Darwin your right, as much pissin' and moanin' and crying that guy did I'm surprised that girl didn't pin his head with a forked stick and put him out of her misery >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹