Author Topic: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)  (Read 37727 times)

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
Re: Naked and Afraid. Epiode 1
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 11:29:24 pm »
Turn off the TV and read a book. It's called "thinking outside the box".  :)
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 01:55:22 am »
Yeah im prolly not going to watch the whole show il just watch billy's episode and forget the others atleast we know billy will actually do something :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 12:19:16 pm »
Ya know, what did people do for the couple centuries before the TV was invented?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 01:43:55 pm »
C'mon guys,,TV isnt bad  its what you take from it,and what you watch.  I like it so ill watch what I want. Its to hot outside or in the shop for lots of us guys to get out in it.Got to have something to do,besides what we do already.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
Ya know, what did people do for the couple centuries before the TV was invented?

They stayed in the Tepee and made babies.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 02:56:43 am »
Well which bloody episode is Billy gonna be in?

I scanned through the first two and so far find No redeeming qualities...
Didn't notice the belly aching and drama running it muted while listening to Dark Side of The Moon.
Doing some leather sewing...

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Marks

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 10:27:42 am »
Well which bloody episode is Billy gonna be in?

-gus

Seems like I heard it was Episode 6

On an annoying side note, Did anyone watch the replay of the first episode last night? I missed the New Episode because we went to watch some fireworks but I got home in time for the replay of the first episode with 'Bonus Footage'. I only watched about 15 minutes before I went to bed and most of it was replay but the 'Bonus Footage' was pretty good. It showed the girl trying to get food. She wove a fish trap from limbs and reeds and tried to make a fish hook and line from some scrap metal and a tshirt she found. Why did they leave that stuff out??? It was much more interesting footage. Turns out it was just crappy editing I guess.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:25 am »
Yeah, had they shown the bonus footage in the first episode, it would have been a little better.

Episode 2 was a little better, but I still get the idea that this is a waiting game for day 21. There was more effort to hunt this time and the bonus footage in the replay may show more as well. Not sure I'm going to make it to episode 6 which won't air until later in July or early August.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:15 am »
Last nights episode was as lame or more so than the first episode. The woman went out to hunt and stayed until after dark. They were on the plains of Africa and she walked back to camp in the dark with hyenas making racket in the back ground. They said the camera crew went home at dark so the two participants were left out in the wilds of Africa to fend for themselves. They each had their own night vision camera. Her fishing skills were unorthadox but she did catch fish with her "personal" fish wier.  I guess catfish will eat anything.  ::)     
They seemed more like predator bait than survivors...naked and scared. sheeesh!
  So far I am not impressed. I hope Billy's episode is better.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 10:54:31 am »
Billys episode airs july 28 im waiting to watch that one :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 11:43:06 am »
Hey, thats my birthday. I hope I won't be disappointed.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
I missed this episode.I'll probably watch the Billy episode.A couple more grays hairs on the face Pat B........Happy Birthday man.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

blackhawk

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 12:52:10 pm »
I didn't make an effort to record or watch the next episode after seeing the first...from pats description sounds like all I needed to know...thanks for sparing us pat ;) ...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »
They seem to pick folks least likely to survive and give them a good survival rating so they can use them on the show.  ::)
 Chris, I'm glad I saved you from this.  ;)

Offline Marks

Re: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »
Might as well make this the thread for the whole series since it is leaning that way anyway. While the show seems poorly edited, I'm sure I'll keep watching it because it is still better than what my wife would want to watch instead. I look forward to the bonus footage on the other episodes too because it was actually pretty good. She failed in all her attempts but I'd rather watch them try and fail than just sit there whining.