Author Topic: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)  (Read 37814 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 08:39:44 am »
I noticed at the end the only thing Billy took with him was his spear. lol  That was a pretty nice point on that thing.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 09:41:11 am »
Out of all of them, Billy and his TV mate did the best and were provided the worst of the environments. I have a feeling that was why Billy was so frustrated. You have all those skills you worked so hard to learn and then have to spend more than half your time on a 4 foot wide half-dry piece of ground! Given the conditions, Ole Bill made me proud.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Marks

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2013, 10:33:45 am »
When they first got on the island and had all those snakes I thought it was gonna be a cake walk. It was like an all you can eat moccasin buffet but when the rain storm flooded everything it got rough. I still have to wonder how much film was edited out so they could show him complaining. I think they pick an angle and run with it. I'd like to hear Billy's take on the situation and editing. They were for sure tougher than I could have been. I need to go on there just so I can lose 40lbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2013, 10:54:29 am »
I was suprised at the whining, too. Looked like a camping trip in a Florida Swamp to me ::) Or the way the rain has been for the last three months, hunting season this year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2013, 11:04:33 am »
Do you camp in the raw, Eddie?? ??? ::) ;D
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline okie64

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:50 am »
I enjoyed the show and thought Billy and his companion did better than all the others. I was a little surprised at how much complaining Billy was doing, but then again Ive never gone more than 8 hours or so without food so I imagine anybody would get a little grouchy going that amount of time without eating. I did think the conditions they were given in the swamp were by far the worst of the series.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2013, 12:29:00 pm »
I agree with what has been said so far. The conditions they were given was the pits. One little strip of dry land in the middle of the swamp. And the first good rain and it was underwater. At least the lady was by far the best looking lady, so Billy had some good eye candy. I was very disappointed they didn't drop them in a place that Billy could use some of his napping skills. But as far as the shows go, I think this was the best one so far.

Offline Brian Hoffer

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »
I am also a bit skeptical of the editing process.  Given that 21 days are condensed into around 40 minutes of show, it would be pretty easy to take every gripe and complaint and give the impression of whining all the time.  Billy and Ky did better than the others by far.  I know I would be complaining my ass off given those conditions.  Actually, I would probably just be dead :)

Offline Keith

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »
I think Billy did a great job.  All of the shows showed the guys as whinners.  Producers must edit this way, thinking it good for ratings. :o

I was disappointed that his knapping wasn't shown.  They just showed him hafting a beautiful point on to the end of a spear. 

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
I have spent some time hungry in the woods and to say the least it sucks

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »
Oh Billy there a snake! Oh Billy there another snake! Oh Billy!!  :laugh: Why could she not have killed it? I guess all women need men as much as men need women. Hey she did find a pot to cook water in. All in all I think it's been the best one that I have watched, team Billy did a great job and worked very well together and I think that is the point of the program. Working together is a winning combation of succeeding and they did. :)

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 03:54:35 pm »
Do you camp in the raw, Eddie?? ??? ::) ;D
only with a Thermocell. :D It had t suck with those skeeters biting the tender spots. And my wife said Billy had the best a$$ out of all of them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2013, 03:57:02 pm »
By far the best episode of all of them and the most challenging environment. I think Billy did a great job and was pleased to see him knap some glass and put it to good use on the nutria! Too bad all the other episodes weren't like this one. This team had water and food on day 1 and not day 8. I wonder what Billy did with the snake skins from all those cottonmouths ?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 01:08:20 am »
I bet he wished he knew how to make a crawfish rake.Could have been eating good. My wife said the same thing Eddie!!   ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline StevenT

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2013, 11:18:58 am »
Hey Billy, now that the show has aired, fill us in on the real stuff behind the show. Did the camera people get in your way, do you think they put the pot on the on the little island they dropped you on to help you out, were did you get the glass shard, etc... I would love to get your take on the show provided they haven't had you sign something preventing you from talking about it.

You did really good and ain't no way in heck I would try something like that, not even if they did drop a nice looking naked lady in the deal.