Author Topic: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)  (Read 37823 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Naked and Afraid Series (Official Thread)
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 08:05:26 am »
I watched the Naked Castaway over the weekend. That guy gets my vote for all of the "survivor" shows I've seen on Realty TV. He stayed on an island for 60 days by hisself and actually killed stuff and ate it on TV. It looked like he did most of the filming hisself with a remote camera and I don't think there was another camera crew. It was a lot more realistic.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »
the all time best "survivor" has to be Les Stroud , just a man and a camera, he even wrote the music for the theme
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline StevenT

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2013, 06:11:33 pm »
I have watched them all so far. I agree with the previous observations... So far the guys have all turned out to be wimps and the ladies end up carrying them. Billy, I sure hope your outing goes a lot better. And I hope dragon flies aren't the only protein around are you will starve.  :) :) ;)

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »
Episode 3 looked like more of the same of episode 1. The guy complained most of the time even though he was worthless. What were the producers thinking when they put a fair skinned guy on a tropical island.  That girl did pretty well though. She seemed to at least know kinda what she was doing. Its always nice to see a pretty girl on there. She also had a nice caboose which was certainly a plus to the show.   

Had anyone seen the Naked Castaway show before? Now that guy seems legit. It was neat to hear him talk about how just the little things made so much difference to his moral. The Naked and Afraid show seemed to be a wannabe version of that show. I watched it a good bit back when it first aired and enjoyed watching his commentary after Naked and Afraid went off.  Apparently I'm into naked shows. haha. I watched the Mountain Men episode too.

I saw the three episodes of naked castaway I really enjoyed tht show it was much more legit. It reminded me of survivor man with les stroud where he has to record the show him self
I like osage

Offline TRACY

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:36 am »
I have watched them all so far. I agree with the previous observations... So far the guys have all turned out to be wimps and the ladies end up carrying them. Billy, I sure hope your outing goes a lot better. And I hope dragon flies aren't the only protein around are you will starve.  :) :) ;)

This is still how I see it after last night's episode. I don't understand why the guys are hesitant to hunt on land or especially in the ocean and go a week or more without fresh meat of some sort ??? The guy brought swim goggles as his one item? How about something he might use like a fire starter? What am I missing in the editing process here? I will say that I'm truly impressed with the skills and perseverance that the women have displayed!
The only reason I watched the whole thing last night was because the guy was from Indiana. I heard the name Clint and he was from SE Indiana- I immediately thought Osage Outlaw  >:D  :o. Different Clint.  ;D
This guy does survival skills just north of Indy at some place I've never heard of. They are having a big survival skills day this Saturday at the property with a big screen of that episode.

Not sure if I'm going to make it to the episode that Billy is in unless I tape it to watch some other time.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »
Wasn't me Tracy.  Nobody would want to see that  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:42 pm »
Heck if I knew I was gonna be on an Island I think I would bring a Wasabi-Soi Sauce mixture!   >:D

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Muler44

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:32 pm »
I've only seen parts of the two episodes in the tropical areas but did see the whole show on the African location.  I was thinking at the beginning that my one item would have been shoes or boots.  My feet are tender and wouldn't be toughened up inside of 21 days!  Everything else is easier to do if you can walk without worrying too much about stepping on thorns, hot sand, sharp rocks, and stubbing your toe.

Kelly did pretty well, I think.  I noticed they did show her making cordage a couple of times and to have the forethought of bringing a water carrying vessel was useful.  She also made a comment about her being on her "cycle", what a tough thing to have to deal with during the time in the wild. 

I was really expecting to see the guy grab a good stick and use it early on for a walking stick then later a spear.  It took quite awhile for him to get around to making a spear.  Also, a throwing stick for birds and small game would've been fairly easy to find or fashion with minimum time involved.

I'll for sure watch Billy's episode, I hope the editors don't make him look like a dope. 

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:11 pm »
I thought naked castaway was horrible.  and definitely the girls on naked an afraid have been way better than the guys....  the guys whine and cry about every little thing so far..   but yeah I though naked castaway was horrible...  he really didn't do much of anything..just sat around and waited for his time to be done.  he didn't even catch or kill the goat... it was tangled in briers which I am afraid was conveniently left there for him to find so he didn't starve to death AND HE WAS SOOOOO excited that HE killed a goat.  his cave on the exterior was way better than that low lying spot in the jungle. he woulda been way better off to make his cave better.   he just barely survived the ordeal it seemed... yeah he was out there a long time but he was slowely dying.... the following 60 days would have made or break the situation for him... basically the same story for all the people shown thus far.  I mean seriously he took a dull shell to cut out his fireboard and it took him 4 hours...  chip a little edge on the shell and you'd have a sharp tool and would have done the same job in less than 4 minutes.... He did well just surviving... but for being an expert he sure didn't do much productive.   I was really disappointed.   At least naked and afraid has had some decently skilled women in it..  but the guys have been a waste of space and water so far... I got higher hopes for billy tho
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline bhenders

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:02 pm »
hmm, now what would YOU bring with you?

for me, either a kukri knife or a fire starter sparker.

btw, check out Billy's facebook page... apparently he lost 41 lbs in the three weeks... Ouch...

Offline bubby

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »
this weeks gal had the best rear end yet, and I don't think i'd take survival training from a guy that is afraid of his own shadow
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2013, 12:43:14 am »
Just watched Billy's episode and they did the best by far.  Well done man!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2013, 01:04:07 am »
Sadly I missed Billy's episode wish I woulda seen it I'm sure they'll play it a few more times anyways
I like osage

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:00 am »
Billy did good,but I didnt expect that much whining. I dont think he would have made it with any of the girls I have seen on there so far,that one kept him going. She was easy on the eyes to!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2013, 02:33:15 am »
Just turned on the boob tube to see Billy on this show Naked and Afraid.  Had no idea of the show as we just got TV hooked up for the first time in ten years (want to watch UofO ducks football at home this year). ;).    It was allright.  Seemed their hunger was authentic if nothing else.  Felt like that nutria was planted but maybe not...."Kayla get me club"
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso