Author Topic: 1st bow kill. Proud Dad.  (Read 13258 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: 1st bow kill. Proud Dad.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 12:21:57 am »

When I was in the Army, in the 60's, was stationed in Italy, and down by the mess hall, there was a row of huge chestnut trees, by the sidewalk.  Well after 5 pm, no one parked there.  But someone did not know why there was no one parked, and thought boy, I have all the spaces to myself! 8)  And the thousands of starlings that used those trees for roosting, thought, Boy, we have that car all to ourselves.  Well the next morning the car was still there.  I guess whoever it belonged to, thought they would just leave it there for the night, and get it in the morning, and go off to wherever they were going.  Well you could tell it was a car, by being able to see the wheels.  other than that it was completely covered in about two to three inches of starling poop! :o  There was not a spot on the car that was not covered! :P  even the antennae!!  :o  We got quite a laugh out of that.  But we sure pitied the poor person who had to clean that car! :o :P  I bet he doesn't have any love for them either! ;)

Wayne

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 12:47:57 am »
Nice shot on that bird.... Squirrelly.... You just cost me 5 min of life I can never get back ::).... You really need to get a girlfriend... jes sayin....
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 05:48:20 am »
Eh, he's a kid Koan, leave him be. I kinda like him really.

Ok, I have researched starlings about a year back. No liscence needed ( verify for yourself ) in any state. Discovering this ( and tired of feeding them and not my dogs ) I shot a few. Then seeing these dead birds on the ground, I cut the little nugget sized breast out, salted em, tossed em into the fryin pan with a bit of olive oil. Taste like duck. And I will probably eat them again.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 11:51:20 am »
Your right Sleek... They can go thru a bowl of dog food faster than a full grown Lab.. Lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....