Author Topic: Looking For Traditional Bow/Arrows, Accessories, Bow Making Knives And Supplies  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Pyka

I'm new to traditional archery and I'm currently making my first bow.  I'm looking to trade for bow making supplies (knives, etc) or a handmade bow/arrows.  Since I'm new to this the type of bow is open, I'm right handed and 30-45 lbs would be fine.

What I have to Trade:  I'm in South Florida and I can trade bow/arrow woods found down here.  There is a tree down here called Sea Grape which a couple members on this forum have made bows out of.  Sea Grape is very strong and elastic.  There is also bamboo and I'm sure other great wood types that grow here.  I also have vintage Zenith Royal 500 radios from the late 1950's to early 1960's in working condition.

Please PM me or post here if you're interested in a trade.  Thanks.

Offline Pyka

I forgot to mention I also have authentic American Indian artifacts including arrowheads, spear points and knives from several states including MS, OH, MI and NC.  I also have a nice petrified wood collection from SE Louisiana.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:17:47 pm by Pyka »

Offline Trapper Rob

I have some arrow shafts to trade I would be interested in the artifacts.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Lets see some pictures, you might interest me in a radio. I'm not far north of you
Eddie
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pyka

Lets see some pictures, you might interest me in a radio. I'm not far north of you
Eddie

The top pic is a Zenith Royal 500e and the second pic is a Zenith Royal 275, both are in working condition.  Let me know if either of these interest you, I have others I can take pics of as well.

Offline Pyka

I have some arrow shafts to trade I would be interested in the artifacts.

Ok, are you interested in artifacts from any particular state I mentioned?  Any particular type ie arrowheads, spear points, etc.?

Offline BowSlayer

PM sent, can i see a pic of the spear head or arrow heads? thanks
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Pyka

I'll post some pics this evening.  If you have any particular type/region in mind please let me know.  My collection has over 100 points.  I'll pick some out myself if you don't have a preference.  Thanks.

Offline BowSlayer

I'll post some pics this evening.  If you have any particular type/region in mind please let me know.  My collection has over 100 points.  I'll pick some out myself if you don't have a preference.  Thanks.

No preference really.  Just some that look good.  Thanks
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Pyka

Here are 2 pics of the MS points, let me know what you think.

Offline BowSlayer

I like the look of the black point in the first picture. How big are the heads in the second picture.  Could you take a picture of them next to a ruler. Thanks
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Pyka

I like the look of the black point in the first picture. How big are the heads in the second picture.  Could you take a picture of them next to a ruler. Thanks

Yes, I'm visiting my parents for the weekend and I'll take a ruler pic on Monday when I get home.

Offline BowSlayer

Ok. Thanks
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Pyka

Here are pics with a tape measure horizontal and vertical.  The top 2 on the left are the 2 in the first pic I posted here and the 2 under them are from the 2nd pic.  The one to the right of the black one is also an MS point, the white point and the long gray knife/blade are both from the Michigan area.  The lower right point is from the Illinois area.

Offline Pyka

Pic #2: