Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 2873 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
Hey guys!
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:38:10 am »
I've been away from the selfbow scene for quite awhile, mostly due to a bad right shoulder. I long to get back into it but the body just doesn't permit. I've moved on to a short Bear Kodiak Magnum, and most recently a "different" bow that isn't the typical traditional bow, but it fits me and if this is what I have to do in order to keep bowhunting, then so be it. You guys are a great bunch, and I enjoy reading all the posts, looking at the pics, and maybe offering a bit of advice or voting on the Bow of the month, but I think my bow building days are behind me? My body will only allow just so much, my will is still there but the power is gone.
I can't help but envy those of you who remain and stay true to the Traditional Style of bow hunting and build your own bows, I applaud  you! You fellas turn out some great work, it's hard to decide which one to pick as the winner.LOL
I've got a couple chunks of Osage stored in the barn just in case I can get back into it at some point and give y'all a run for it. LOL
Great job to all of you, and keep trying, keep turning them out because you never know when your or Our lives may depend on it.
Chris
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:39 am »
Glad you enjoy, glad you still love it even if you can't do some it right now. Don't think I will ever quite loving and thinking about it no matter how bad of shape this old body get in. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good