Author Topic: Congratulations to Osage Outlaw for winning June Backed BOM!!! Full Draw pic  (Read 8199 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
June Backed BOM

Congratulations to Osage Outlaw for winning June Backed BOM with his 52” osage, sinew, and rattlesnake bow.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40611.0.html

Here is what Clint had to day about his bow:

had to say about his build: Just finished up a bow I started on this past winter.  It is 52" long and 50# @ 24".  It is backed with mostly elk sinew from Pearly and a little bit of my deer sinew.  I used my home made hide glue to hold it down.  The skin is from one snake.  My parents picked it up off the road in a small town called Nocona Texas.  That is where my Grandparents lived before they passed away.  That's how the bow got its name.  This bow was a lot of fun to build.  The tiller gave me some trouble.  The limbs tilt to the sides a little and it makes it look different when viewed from different angles.  The handle is less than 3/4" x 3/4" and I can feel it just starting to bend at full draw.  The handle wrap is some more of the stuff DVS gave me at the Classic.  I hope to take my first selfbow deer with it this fall.

Comments from forum members:
That's as good as they get Clint! Love everything about that bow!  Jon

Really nice Clint!  Love the wood choice, design, finish, tiller and the name!  Fitting tribute to your grandparents.  Nice work all around! Slimbob

Love those short sinew&'sage! Looks like you conquered any tiller problems you were having- very nice work Clint!  Tracy

very nice Clint.......It's cool when you can use materials that is close to your heart.  My first hickory is that way, all of the materials was from my dads place including the beaver tail grip.  Way to go.  DBar

Clint, that is a special bow.  It looks like it wants to fill that tag for you!
Carson

Clint that bow is stellar in everyway. Superb work my friend. Danny

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:29:00 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Congratulations to Osage Outlaw for winning June Backed BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:37:38 pm »
Congrats, Clint.  You and that bow deserve the honors of BOM.  I expect to see more pics of that bow laying on that big buck from your trail cam pictures.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »
congrats Clint.that is one sweet bow.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 02:29:29 am »
Thanks Dave and Steve  :)  I hope I can post some pictures of it laying across a deer.  Tracy sent me a sweet hunting point today.  I need to start working on some hunting arrows to go with it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Congratulations, Clint. Boy, you have short arms
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Danzn Bar

Congrads Clint
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
GReat news Clint!! Proud of ya Buddy!! Kick ass bow too!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline osage outlaw

Thanks Bill and Derik  :)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Congrats on the win Clint! I've been away for a while, but finally got the collage finished for Mr. C to add to his post (see above).

blackhawk

Nice  8)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Excellent work Cam!  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Josh B

Congratulations Clint!  A well deserved win!  Josh