Author Topic: Greetings (again) and seeking some possible help...  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Greetings (again) and seeking some possible help...
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »
Howdy Gang, been awhile, again but I am working on getting an Osage bow made up for my Uncle.  I've got it on the long string and am moving towards the short string for final tillering.

Here is my issue...I used to make all my own bow strings but it's been over 2 years since I've done so.  I have my string making jig but for the life of me cannot recall how to wrap the strings on the jig to start or make the completed bow string.

I have attached a couple pics of my jig in hopes that someone will recognize its style and be able to walk me through the steps again.  Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Hope everyone is doing well...tings are good on this end~

8)

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline artcher1

Re: Greetings (again) and seeking some possible help...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:17:47 pm »
Lee, that's basically a longer version  of my jig. Secure your strand on the number 1 nail (left) and start winding clockwise around  number 1 nail on the right. Take the strand down to the bottom right nail, then up to the bow length nail, back down to the left nail and then back up to number 2 nail. Keep repeating the process until desired count...........Art

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »
Thanks Art, I was thinking that was what I needed to do...just am way rusty on this front and it had me scratching my head quite a bit tonight.  Thanks again!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »
Nice seeing you again, Lee! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:19:47 am »
Nice seeing you again, Lee!

Thank you Sir!  Hope all is well on your end!
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold