Author Topic: Goofin off.  (Read 2951 times)

Stringman

Re: Goofin off.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 09:17:42 am »
So glad to have you back and showin off your skills here again! That blade is beautiful!

Offline Tower

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 06:31:52 pm »
WOW. Look at them flake scars.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 11:48:18 pm »
Squeaky clean as usual.  Beautiful blade.   :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 12:30:33 am »
 Thanks guys..
Im trying to get it back, I took over a year brake from knapping.  But remember how for the most part.
making my hands do what i want them to do is another story..  Got a whole pile of broke preforms from past 3 weeks.
I was able to hide all my mess ups with my beefy ishi stick on this blade :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline nocams

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »
Looking good Jesse.... good to see you again. How much longer on the Island ? When ya comin home to TN bud ? Mason is 17 now and chasin the does. He is considering trying to be a Helo pilot.... We have already interviewed several CWO's while he thinks about it. I got a new job that is consuming all my spare time right now. Hoping to get back in the groove and start spending more time in the woods this year. Was planning on spending all 4 days at the TN Classic but forgot that was the same weekend as my Daughter's college graduation. She is the first in our family to get her Bachelors so could not miss that. Sure hope to see you again soon Jesse.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »
Aloha brah.
 I i have about 18 months left but with budgets cuts im not sure if uncle sam will want to spend to money to move me at that time..
Have to wait and see.
 Tell Mason i said hi.  :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:24 am »
I know u are adapting well to the islands..sounds like u are liking it there too...fishing has got to be amazing there?? U should try making a hawaiin sling or pole spear to do a little spear fishing...I would love to do that out there..I have to settle snorkling fresh water lakes for bluegills and carp..it s a lot of fun too!...I bet u miss having rock sources though?  Hey bro dont give up on the darn video, its not just because I want the first signed copy...its you have an amazing skill set too..kinda hard to believe your doubting yourself when u used to be a cumberland, turkeytail, and pinetree making machine..as well as them big blades!!! Im headed to SC for step sons graduation  army tomorrow I know u have a rock pile stashed somewhere, let me know I can mail u a box..LOL ;D :o ::) ;)

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline nocams

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »
Will do Jesse.... Sure hope you do get to come home in 18. I know that it is some kind of pretty out there but guess we are selfish and want you back where you belong in that holler in TN. Take care my friend.

Offline JEB

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35:22 am »
OUSTANDING  blade Jesse

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 07:17:59 pm »
AWESOME!