Author Topic: sometimes the postman is nice!  (Read 4984 times)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
sometimes the postman is nice!
« on: November 25, 2007, 12:13:57 am »
I went to check my mail today and there was a triangle postal box hanging out of my mailbox. ;D 8) I love it when that happens! ;D I've been a bit miffed with my postal guy. He ain't brought my new PA yet :'( so I was happy to see this box. ;D
   Well, low and behold, 3 beautiful stone tipped arrows from Chris Cade.  ;D 8) I believe the shafts are sourwood, the self nocks are purple heart, turkey primary fletching and 3 similar points of different materials are hafted with pitch and sinew. Maybe Chris will chine in with the correct details.
   Thanks Chris. They are beautiful.  ;) I'm gonna have to try them out. This might be the medicine I need. ;)  So, here they are...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

Re: sometimes the postman is nice!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 09:44:00 am »
Looks like Christmas came early Pat. Stunning arra's.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline lowell

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 09:52:53 am »
Very nice.

I thought the feather tuft to indicate nock feather was interesting!! ;)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:21:44 am »
Turns out the shafts are Buffalo Nut(Pyrolaria pubera). Buffalo nut is an under story shrub in the Eastern Hardwood forest...as a matter of fact it is parasitic on the roots of hardwood trees...related to mistletoe.
 Chris didn't know what the points were made of. He got them in trade.
   I will try these out today and see how they shoot and from which bow. Their physical weight ranges from 455gr to 516 gr. A tad light for my usual 56# bows but if they shoot well they will do their intended job. ;)   
    Thanks Chris!!!  8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:16:46 pm »
What a nice gift, makes you like the post man and belive in Santa. They look like good medicine to me. Surely you have a bow they will like.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 12:21:06 pm »
Beautiful arrows Pat,guess your kindness and generosity pays off. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 12:35:34 pm »
glad you liked them pat.  i'm thinking the points are agate.  hope they fly straight!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 09:30:20 pm »
Well do they?
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 09:33:53 pm »
Ill tell you what Pat, you send me the arrows and Ill send you a magazine.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 12:30:42 am »
They fly like darts from my hunting bow. I had to dress up the purpleheart self nock because they were a bit tight but they fly great. Still, all I need is an opportunity! :(      ;D     Pat