Author Topic: Native American Bow Replica  (Read 13602 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Native American Bow Replica
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 12:17:45 am »
Thanks for the ego boost guys!  since starting to make bows earlier this year I have come a long long way.  Now I need to makes some decent arrows.  Those are more difficult IMO.

Hey PrimTim?  Are you getting the sense that people approve of your efforts?

"PrimTim" is not a thing!  When you say that it sounds kind of ga...I mean feminine. like prim and proper... ie womanly things. 

And Yes I'm getting a massive amount of that sense and every bit of it is going to my already healthy ego.  However it also makes me want to make more bows and better ones and it's making me want to make lots of arrows and go live in a hut in the woods and eat animal flesh while it's still warm and... I better stop there.

Very nice, question - agave fibers - do you first have to spin some threads to then make bundles, kind of like you would spin wool?
  I love questions!  No.  fibers are about two feetish in length.  I made a 15ish foot string that was real thin then I reverse wrapped it over itself. 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 01:04:24 am »
Wow very very nice the agave string reminds me of nylon with the bright white color I'd love to try making string with agave one day
I like osage

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 02:55:26 pm »
Wow very very nice the agave string reminds me of nylon with the bright white color I'd love to try making string with agave one day

Do it!  Once you get the hang of it making string is a breeze.  Just sit in front of the tv with a pile of fibers and go till your show is over or your fibers all gone.  Just be anal about the thickness.  I'm constantly comparing the thickness of what I'm working with to the thickness of how it started.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!