Author Topic: Congratulations to missilemaster for winning July Self BOM!!!  (Read 5180 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
July Self BOM

Congratulations to  missilemaster for winning July Self BOM with his bow titled Russell's Bow.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,41220.msg551340.html#msg551340

Here is what Cody had to say about his build:  Here is a bow that I made for a good friend of mine in exchange for his help cutting some osage last year. I got the stave from Marty at the Maryjam in Feb. This bow was probably the hardest  to tiller to date. It has that rippling "sand dune" effect on the back that made getting a consistant taper insanely hard. But it turned out quite well and shoots hard and fast with almost no handshock or sound. 65" ntn 47#@29". I lightly heat tempered the belly because I really like the way it brings out the grain. The ink drawings are of his tattoos he wanted on the bow.  Tips are ebony. Thanks for looking,   Cody

Comments from forum members:

Sharp, crisp, clean.  Beautiful .  SLIMBOB

That bow is a work of art. Incredibly beautiful!  Jon

Another Missile launcher !
It should make for a happy friend !!
Nice touch with the drawings !!
Wish I could help cut you some wood , maybe I could get me one of them Missile Launchers for myself !!
Take care and good to see ya still at it !!  Guy

Super fine bow in all aspects, got that WOW factor going on there. Looks like Russell's getting the full 29" draw out of her too. You sure don't make any clunkers  Cody.  Badly Bent

Beautiful wood working and art work Cody. Tracy

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:57:06 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Congratulations to missilemaster for winning July Self BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:13:05 am »
I could save some typing and just copy and paste my congrats form the last 10, ;) :) :)congrats Cody,very well done again.The boy has talent for sure and what is so cool is he is so humble and sure don't mind sharing. He has come to the Classic for several years and just jumps right in where ever he is needed /helps and advises all the new folks that are trying to learn this skill.  :)It is much appreciated and the win is well deserved.  :):)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DuBois

Re: Congratulations to missilemaster for winning July Self BOM!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »
Very nice work there Cody!