Author Topic: Congratulations to LEGIONNAIRE for winning July Backed BOM!!!!!  (Read 6555 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to  LEGIONNAIRE for winning July Backed BOM with his Egyptian Angular Composite bow.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40995.0.html

Here is what Caesar had to say about his build:  Im so excited to have finally completed this bow. To me it is a great endeavor i took without much information. Im all dressed up for the pictures as a sign, It was like being accepted to a prestigious university with this successful attempt. I plan on making more horn bows. This bow took about 1 year to complete, It has a three piece core, which is basically Osage in the center sandwiched by two bamboo pieces. They are glued with knox unflavored gellatin. I added the horn but since it needed a couple more inches to go to the end I added more osage as well as some osage overlays to carve out the knocks. I would have to say I traded a little speed for beauty. The horn I used came from the gemsbok, I only used 1 horn to get the two pieces. The bow ended up with some reflex and it draws 60lbs @ 28 inches. the bow is also only 52 inches long. I have not tried to draw it more and probably wont try. im going to make another which I will attempt to draw to 32.  The bow is wrapped with birch bark that James Parker (Robustus) gladly gave me. My GF (fiancee now) then painted the bow and I finally covered it with gold leaf and added spar varnish to it. I love the way the bow turned out and that full draw is just awesome. I hope you guys enoy the pictures I had fun making this bow and will have more fun shooting it. By the way the Arrows are made of Arundo Donax from the mediterranean. Osage foreshaft and nocks, the tips are brass made to look like bronze.
By the way special thanks to ames Parker for the input and the birch bark I really appreciate it.

Comments from forum members:

True tallent. sweet bow and the art work is stunning! Bownut

I always like to see your bows!  You put a lot into them and they are always so well done.  Love the artistic flare you have that makes your bows unique.   This one is not exception!  NICE WORK!  Some day I hope to make a bow this good.   Just AWESOME!  Arrowind

You've made the Egyptians proud! Ya can't get her any better than that. Well done I say.  Bryan

Beautiful craftsmanship! I would love to be able to craft such a beautiful and functional work of art! Well done! Well done indeed!  wncranger

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:56:09 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

Re: Congratulations to LEGIONNAIRE for winning July Backed BOM!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:48:24 am »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! this is awesome!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOTED. I appreciate it :D
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:04:21 am »
Congrats ,very nice/cool bow. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline swamp monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »
You totally deserve it considering the work and attention to detail you put into it!  Great bow and very inspiring.

Offline abee

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »
Congratulations Cesar! It's a right beautiful bow!

Offline DuBois

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 02:24:08 pm »
Right on Cesar!

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 01:21:26 am »
Thanks!
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY